.vcf file wont import all the contacts(3476) but only 978

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2018
First of all, Hello guys!

I wanted to share a problem that I'm facing with. My cousin had a some oldy samsung duos phone(cant remember exact model). So he used it for business. He has over 3400 contacts in it. He got a new phone, and now he asked me to transfer his data, documents etc to the new phone(which I did). Everything went fine expect contacts. I used laptop and MobileGo by Wondershare application to do a manual back of everything he needed. When I exported all the contacts to a .vcf file. He had 3476 contacts al togheter. When I imported that .vcf file to a new phone(also samsung j5 j500), it said that import finished successfully but there are only 978 contacts. There were some duplicate(on the old samsung as well, but not as much to lower contact list from 3400+ to <1000).
He isn't that much into phones,so he didnt use sync option to sync with gmail or something similar.

Can you guys help me,please? I ran out of ideas how to fix this..

Best regards,
Nikola

Solution
It sounds like the problem is in the transfer you made. Somewhere between their old device and your computer, before it got to the new phone.

If the old phone is still a smart phone, then the .vcf file can be made on the device itself. The old phone. Then move it over to the computer without putting in through any other program. Just connect it via USB and copy it over, then connect the new phone and copy it over to that one. This should resolve the issue.

Oh and that new phone shouldn't have a limitation on how many contacts it can handle, unless they are trying to save the contacts to the SIM or if they don't have enough room on the device.
It sounds like the problem is in the transfer you made. Somewhere between their old device and your computer, before it got to the new phone.

If the old phone is still a smart phone, then the .vcf file can be made on the device itself. The old phone. Then move it over to the computer without putting in through any other program. Just connect it via USB and copy it over, then connect the new phone and copy it over to that one. This should resolve the issue.

Oh and that new phone shouldn't have a limitation on how many contacts it can handle, unless they are trying to save the contacts to the SIM or if they don't have enough room on the device.

Solution
Mar 12, 2018
First of all, thanks for answering buddy!
I fixed it. It turns out that my cousin had like all the contacts x4 and new phone(j500 samsung) automatically merged them all. Foolish of me not to check actual contacts. I tried via google contacts and I noticed double contacts and google was offering me to merge/delete duplicates. So it turns out he actually has 978 contacts. So all good, thanks for answering once more!

Nov 23, 2018
Vcard to PST converter is quite an easy solution to perform conversion of Vcard files to PST, but to perform safe conversion user need reliable software which can easily perform this Vcard files conversion without any data loss. I would like to suggest this Softaken Vcard to PST converter tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.