Vegas pro 14/ Windows Movei maker keeps crashing

Aivar

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
I have a problem with video editing. I upgraded my processor and video card. After that when I try top render my videos usually my whole computer freezes. It happens on Vegas Pro 14 (trial version) and on Windows Movie Maker. Vegas sometimes just crashes, but sometimes freezes so I have to do the reset. Movie maker only freezes.
I didn't have these problems o9n my old hardware(that was at least 4 times slower).
I have AMD FX 8350
MSI GTX 1050(2gb)
8GB of RAM
500GB HDD
WIn7 Pro
I didn't reinstall my Windows after I upgraded my PC, can it be the problem.

Solution
You have a couple of options:

1) Use Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Performance Monitor to watch what resources are being used by the various applications, processes, and services installed on your computer. Look for something that is using a high % of some resource.

High is a bit relative but most likely you will pick out something that is just "taking over". Continues to demand more and more of some resource to the point of collapse or fails to release a resource necessary for some other process.

2) Likewise Event Viewer will probably be capturing some error or event that happens just before or at the time of the freeze.

Open the Event Viewer logs and take a few minutes to look at the organization and how the logs are...
You have a couple of options:

1) Use Task Manager, Resource Monitor, and Performance Monitor to watch what resources are being used by the various applications, processes, and services installed on your computer. Look for something that is using a high % of some resource.

High is a bit relative but most likely you will pick out something that is just "taking over". Continues to demand more and more of some resource to the point of collapse or fails to release a resource necessary for some other process.

2) Likewise Event Viewer will probably be capturing some error or event that happens just before or at the time of the freeze.

Open the Event Viewer logs and take a few minutes to look at the organization and how the logs are arranged. Most likely the error(s) will be accompanied by a red or yellow icons. Right-clicking the error entry will provide more information.

See what you can find and post accordingly. Just take your time with the logs and remember that they may indicate "no data" but there is data - may require some time to have the entries loaded and displayed.

Also no need to immediately react to any given error per se and apply a pre-mature or inapplicable fix.

Solution

raven2099

Honorable
Aug 31, 2013
I'm having the same issue i can render short clips bit nothing longer than say 2-3 minutes or it crashes

MoBo
MSI 990 FXA Gaming

Processor
AMD FX(tm)-9590 Eight-Core Processor

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

RAM
32.0 GB

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 15063), 64-bit

I've reformatted my PC 2 twice installed and uninstalled the Graphics drivers and Vegas several times too

@raven2029

Run Task Manager, Performance Monitor, Resource Monitor, and Event Viewer as suggested above.

See if you can identify some pattern or apparent issue.

Then start a new thread accordingly and include any additional information or details you can offer.

You might also visit the software manufacturer's website: check their forums and FAQs. There may be some known bug or new issue with Windows.

Aivar

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017

For me the PSU is probably too bad, it is only 400w.