prosaplayer1

Estimable
Sep 13, 2015
Laptop : HP Spectre XT Ultrabook 13-2018tu
CPU : Intel Core i7-3517U

I downloaded the latest drivers from Intel. Then when I tried to install HP blocked it and instead sent me to their outdated drivers.

How can I bypass the vendor restriction?

Solution

Sounds like you are trying to speed up the system to me LOL, more FPS and speed up video encoding.

OpenGL won't speed anything up, it's just a different video tech from DirectX. If the game you want to play has OpenGL support then you can switch to that, but it won't just make things faster just by updating the OpenGL version support.
The only official drivers supported for laptops are those from the laptop vendor. Why are you trying to get the drivers directly from Intel? In 95% of cases it won't help any issues you may have (say if you are trying to make the system run faster).

It's odd that the system actually blocked the installation, it would either install or fail the setup either just saying it can't install or your hardware is not supported, not redirect you or block it.

prosaplayer1

Estimable
Sep 13, 2015
Im not trying to speed up the system per se, but the thing is the latest Intel HD Graphics enables OpenGL and Quicksync on my laptop which I think am able to pull a few more FPS from games and speed up my video encoding (with QS).

Sounds like you are trying to speed up the system to me LOL, more FPS and speed up video encoding.

OpenGL won't speed anything up, it's just a different video tech from DirectX. If the game you want to play has OpenGL support then you can switch to that, but it won't just make things faster just by updating the OpenGL version support.

Solution