Verisonix Demos Its Flexible, Cardboard-Thin Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Ugh, it's bad enough to hear hip-hop, or lady gaga or whatever other crap blaring from everyone's cars. Now they can aurally assault me with their clothes?!!! This cannot come to pass!

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
[citation][nom]rawful[/nom]Ugh, it's bad enough to hear hip-hop, or lady gaga or whatever other crap blaring from everyone's cars. Now they can aurally assault me with their clothes?!!! This cannot come to pass![/citation]
At least when chavs walk past blaring music out of their phone, it will be of bearable quality now.

JohnA

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
What a nightmare. Imagine what political campaigns will do with this. Advertisers too. Invest in noise cancelling products now, you will make a fortune.

g-thor

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2008
I am so looking forward to being on a bus with 45 different songs/styles blaring at me at once. Lady Gaga next to Lawrence welk, across from Conway Twitty who's next to the Stones. Just in front of them is a Souza march and Beethoven's 9th. What a musical place it will be.

martel80

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2006
[citation][nom]bbfknight[/nom]well... the low end base on that thing is probably BRUTAL![/citation]
Quite the opposite. This technology sucks at bass which is probably why they used strings for the demo.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]martel80[/nom]Quite the opposite. This technology sucks at bass which is probably why they used strings for the demo.[/citation]

Actually it sounds more like a cello and the frequency response does not sound bad at all.
Of course the next step would be a 'woofer' that is actually a small verionof these speakers that has adhesive on one side; will be taped to your belly to give you that low frequency vibration feel in the gut. Watch out for the brown notes however :)

Status
Not open for further replies.