Verizon Accidentally Leaks Droid Incredible 4G LTE Details

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]static1120[/nom]4 inch display....Later 5 inch.... 5.5 inch.... by the time you know it your talking trough a tablet[/citation]
I think they should keep phones to 4.5" or less. However, some do want super big screens.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Incredible: much better battery life than the DROID RAZR MAXX, a 12 MP rear facing camera, 2.0 (or more) MP front facing phone, ICS installed.

This phone...not so Incredible.

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
Well, I hope that these specs are wrong... I want to see at least a dual core 1.5GHz CPU, a great 720p display, a high capacity battery, and how about dual MicroSD card slots and ICS? Well, going above 8MP on a camera is unnecessary, so I won't demand that, but come one, it's an Incredible and it doesn't seem to have anything that seriously differentiates it from it's predecessors, let alone it's competition.

[citation][nom]Halcyon[/nom]I think they should keep phones to 4.5" or less. However, some do want super big screens.[/citation]

I would like a 5" screen... However, going beyond that would be pointless and I can understand that most people wouldn't even want a 5" large display.

G

Barley better then a Samsung Charge that was released a year ago.

georgekn3mp

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
This does not even match HTC Rezound specs, which are down to $200 (much less with certain website deals). I understand mid-range phones, but some lower-end phones even beat the specs on this.
Rezound is 6 months old, with true HD 720p screen, 1.5ghz CPU, 32 GB memory (upgradeable to 80GB!) and a 720p front camera to go with the rear 8MP and it has Beats too with a Beats earbuds set included!
I'd say something is wrong with those specs, it would be like making a new iPhone 3G+ when iPhone 4S is 6 months old...
(Disclaimer- I have the Rezound and still loving it, only the ONE XL or maybe the SGSIII rumors sound better so far)
haha I see Blazorthon references a Rezound if it only had ICS and a second SD slot lol

blazorthon

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2010
[citation][nom]georgekn3mp[/nom]This does not even match HTC Rezound specs, which are down to $200 (much less with certain website deals). I understand mid-range phones, but some lower-end phones even beat the specs on this. Rezound is 6 months old, with true HD 720p screen, 1.5ghz CPU, 32 GB memory (upgradeable to 80GB!) and a 720p front camera to go with the rear 8MP and it has Beats too with a Beats earbuds set included! I'd say something is wrong with those specs, it would be like making a new iPhone 3G+ when iPhone 4S is 6 months old...(Disclaimer- I have the Rezound and still loving it, only the ONE XL or maybe the SGSIII rumors sound better so far) haha I see Blazorthon references a Rezound if it only had ICS and a second SD slot lol[/citation]

Well, I was just naming off some decent specs as they came to mind. Maye instead of a dual core 1.5GHz Coretex A9, how about a dual core Cortex A15 such as TI's recent chip, that OMAP or whatever it was called? That would be worthy of the name Incredible, so long as it had good graphics and such to match.

georgekn3mp

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Yes it would...or be the Rezound 2 ;). Eagerly awaiting Dual-core support with ICS updates...
Of course Adreno 240 (or whatever next-gen is called) would be nice for the 720p screen too.

Even if it isnt A15...ICS is going to make a stock Rezound run rings around GNex benchmarks. ROMs have shown this...but now if One XL came to VZW I may want to switch off-contract...

georgekn3mp

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
Rezound has 16gb + 16gb memory (2 separate SD cards, one user-replaceable up to 64GB size) by default plus the bigger HD screen. If this has Sense 4.0 with ICS that would be different from stock GB with Sense 3.5 on the Rezound. The Rezound may have 300mhz faster clock if it is the same CPU (S4 with Adreno 220) The Rezound is also packaged with a $99 set of iBeats buds.

Also based on the leaked pic...WTH is on the bottom of that bigazz bezel???? That doesnt even look like Sense 4 either.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
About time. I personally can't stand the huge clunky phones of today. I proudly own an Incredible, and the only drawback I've found is the lack of 4G. I actually like the smallness of it. Thunderbolts and others feel too huge to carry in a pants pocket (I don't like baggy pants). Although I certainly would like a bit more of a hardware upgrade than this new one provides, this one looks like the only phone I'd consider upgrading to at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.