Verizon and recent Galaxy S3 and Galaxy S4 update

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I recently updated my Galaxy S3 phone through Verizon. I put off the update for about a month due to convenience. After the update, the phone runs sluggishly, heats up and the battery lasts about 8 hours with minimal usage.

I just convinced a friend to give up her iPhone to go to Android and on her S4 it immediately prompted her to run the update which she did. Now she's trying to return her phone to Verizon because it runs so crappy. I can't blame her.

Since the update, my S3 phone runs like utter trash. Does anyone know of this issue and how to revert to the previous system on Verizon?

Solution
I think it's an overall OS update or firmware. It required a shutdown or two.

All I know is before the update, everything was great on my S3. Now the battery life is 8 hours on idle. The interface's video (ie going from one screen to another) is somewhat choppy. My browser has errored out a couple of times. The chat interface has different and smaller text and icons. Navigation reset and even though Google maps shows as my default, when I click 'directions' within the browser, it takes me to the Verizon navigation. The temperature of the phone is annoying as I'll just keep it in my pocket with the screen off and no apps running and the heat is mildly uncomfortable.

It just seems clunky and cheap after the update. Like I'd...

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I think it's an overall OS update or firmware. It required a shutdown or two.

All I know is before the update, everything was great on my S3. Now the battery life is 8 hours on idle. The interface's video (ie going from one screen to another) is somewhat choppy. My browser has errored out a couple of times. The chat interface has different and smaller text and icons. Navigation reset and even though Google maps shows as my default, when I click 'directions' within the browser, it takes me to the Verizon navigation. The temperature of the phone is annoying as I'll just keep it in my pocket with the screen off and no apps running and the heat is mildly uncomfortable.

It just seems clunky and cheap after the update. Like I'd expect from a nerfed Pantech.

Solution