Verizon Confirms Edge Upgrade Plan For August

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriously Casual

Honorable
May 29, 2013
The pooled data plan is not that bad? Actually, it is. It seems as though anyone I know who has that plan wants unlimited data. I must say that I'm pretty confident that I'd rather keep my unlimited data as well.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
Here is the problem I have with Verizon: They will stretch the price of a new phone over a two year period. If however you don't upgrade your phone after the two years, do they lower the price knocking off the cost of the phone from your bill? NO! Thieves!!

joescalon

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
@otacon72 actually t mobile averages about 20 cheaper a month for unlimited everything if you aren't paying for a phone...

williamf3000

Distinguished
May 8, 2011
I switched to Verizon as soon as the iPhone 5 came out. With this new plan, will I be able to upgrade to the 5S (or whatever they call it) for just the upgrade price? If so, that is outstanding!

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Who the hell would find that a good idea? Paying an extra 54.17 *per month* for the privilege of borrowing (not buying) the phone for 6 months? The Tmobile idea seemed OK since they are a cut rate provider. The AT&T plan seemed like a stretch since it offered a trade in only after 12 out of 20 payments (60% for those playing along at home) but this plan is just nuts when you are basically paying the same base rate you used to (when they were subsidizing the phone) and now on TOP of that you are paying for the phone. The money grab is as blatant as it is appalling. I am keeping my old-ass Galaxy S3 on VZW until the wheels fall off. Then, once all my Verizon contracts are out (i have 3 lines) we are all switching to a MVNO. They can keep their gloriously fast, omnipresent 4G. Give me a rate structure that makes sense.

basketcase87

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
"We’ll continue to offer phones on contract for customers. We think that will continue for a long time, and that’s what customers have gravitated toward," said Ken Dixon

Yeah, because you don't offer any savings for potential non-contract customers, so they go elsewhere. Thanks Captain Obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.