Verizon Finally Reveals Share Everything Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I pay $80 a month right now for my Verizon unlimited account that was grandfathered over. If I have to switch plans to any of that mess listed above, I will just drop Verizon and go with a cheap $50 a month unlimited card from Walmart with one of their toy phones. I won't even think twice about it. It's like roaming technology takes one step forward, then is drug two steps back by the greedy telecoms in the US. I hate this country.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
So, in other words...Verizon was looking for a way to justify massive price increases again....

Previously, a 1GB data plan was $20/month per device....so, 2 devices would cost you $40. Now, 1GB will cost you $50....or if you need 2GB, it'll cost you $60.... sounds to me like Verizon is STILL completely ignoring customers. We want LOWER PRICES with competitive plans. Not more plans designed to screw customers over. So glad I switched to Sprint.....unlimited data FTW.

greenrider02

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2010
What a ripoff...

It does streamline things a bit.
It also charges more... for less.

I hate telcoms.

At least in CT we're trying to come up with legislation to try and force them to be honest and accountable.

nekromobo

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
want to know what I am paying here in Euroland? :)

20euros for free minutes/unlimited data on mobile per month and 29euros for 24mbits.

damn your getting pwned in the land of the free (to charge)

buckcm

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2009
[citation][nom]nekromobo[/nom]want to know what I am paying here in Euroland? 20euros for free minutes/unlimited data on mobile per month and 29euros for 24mbits.damn your getting pwned in the land of the free (to charge)[/citation]

Our gas prices are roughly half?

blackns

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
Guys! Just pay for a nice unlocked phone (400+600) and get simple mobile or another unlimited carrier. I cancelled my tmobile contract a few months ago and now i only pay about 40 with simple. Yes the data is a bit slow but i personally don't need to stream videos like that when im away from home because i have wifi here. If i did have to, i'd just connect to dozens of available wifi hotspots. Screw paying more money..i'm done with that

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]emptykim[/nom]These are for SHARED plans people. Please think and read.[/citation]

This is crap honestly. I have 700 mins, unlimited text, unlimited mobile to mobile (verizon), unlimited nights and weekends with three phones, two are smart phones and one is a older 3G phone both smartphones have unlimited data (4G), and pay maybe $140/month. I could probably up to 1500 minutes and so long as they don't try to change my data plans still be under $200/month.

And I pay $60/month for both smartphones to have unlimited data right now.

This is just crap. I am honestly suprised that Verizon is going this route. I understand needing limits due to the mass change over to all 3G and now 4G devices but this is insane. This plan would limit me and my wife to 2GB, which honestly is not a lot if you take into account that apps are getting larger (one game needs 2Gb of free space), you can stream 720P HD video and a 720P HD video is normally at least 1GB and then emails plus basic web browsing/youtube etc will add up quickly. When I first got a 3G smartphone I used Slacker a lot and I used something like 40GB in the first month.

I know I can easily use a WiFi hotspot but not every place has them and that means this new plan setup is just another way for them to suck people dry. Suprised the FTC would allow such crap.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
[citation][nom]blackns[/nom]Guys! Just pay for a nice unlocked phone (400+600) and get simple mobile or another unlimited carrier. I cancelled my tmobile contract a few months ago and now i only pay about 40 with simple. Yes the data is a bit slow but i personally don't need to stream videos like that when im away from home because i have wifi here. If i did have to, i'd just connect to dozens of available wifi hotspots. Screw paying more money..i'm done with that[/citation]
The problem is Sprint and AT&T will likely follow.

clivene09

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
[citation][nom]zoemayne[/nom]The problem is Sprint and AT&T will likely follow.[/citation]

Sprint won't if they know whats good for them.

spidey81

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Apparently I'm the only one who will actually save money with these plans. I have unlimited data, but don't usually come close to 4GB on two smartphones. I also have a home phone connect line that's $10 a month. The discount I have with work usually comes close to the same amount as the fees. Then add about $15 for insurance and I'm at $135 versus my normal $165. Can't say that I like them doing away with unlimited data, but I figure it's going away eventually anyway.

G

[citation][nom]greenrider02[/nom]What a ripoff...It does streamline things a bit.It also charges more... for less.I hate telcoms.At least in CT we're trying to come up with legislation to try and force them to be honest and accountable.[/citation]

I sympathize with you and many people's reaction to this price increase, but to go about legislatively by implementing price controls on a private company who sells products that you are not forced to buy is unlawful and unfairly places a burden on the seller, not the consumer who should hold responsibility for the dollars they possess and exchange for goods and services. With that said, we all can complain and still continue to buy overpriced goods and services or we can actually learn to do without until our point or our goal (lower prices) is achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS