Verizon iPhone 4 Sales Haven't Been Spectacular

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

These numbers are from Apple Stores, not Verizon Stores. Most Verizon customers will buy their phone from Verizon directly. Release those numbers and I bet we see a different picture.

G

That's right Apple wants to capitalize all they can on last years model so they release the 4 before the 5 comes out... They think we're all fools In fact they count on it...

They offer an inferior product and the media eats it up...

Fools...

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]xxsk8er101xx[/nom]might have something to do with the fact android is more popular on verizon.[/citation]
might have something to do with the fact that most people aren't legible to upgrade just yet and don't want to pay $700 for an old phone when a new version is only a few months away...the people are very smart....apple waited to long to make the move...they should have put out the verizon phone when the iphone 4 first came out

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]thrasher32[/nom]It's simple: All the idiots already have an iphone.[/citation]
and i am sure that you are one of them. lol

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]crazitrain02[/nom]The Verizon customers already have the Android phones, and realize how much better they are compared to the iPhone.[/citation]
the android platform sucks balls, i have it and i really dislike it, a lot....let's not even talk about security

G

It may be because Verizon's data network is slow and they stated they may "restrict" subscribers data to save bandwidth. Yes I may drop a call every once in a while but ATT's data is very fast. much better than Verizon's. Plus if you have ATT's unlimited data for 30 bucks why would you drop it for a restricted plan?

maurath55

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
you guys are morons this is clearly showing a comparison of the same phone being sold by two different carriers. and the fact that att is not far behind Verizon really says something considering anyone who wanted one on att could have done it a long time ago.

masterasia

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
Android is better because it gives people more freedom (aka hack-a-bility), that's why Netflix still hasn't been able to release their app on the platform. My favorite app is Applanet and it doesn't even require root. I don't see an app like that on iPhone.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
The way I look at it; why buy the iPhone 4 now, when in roughly 4 months the iPhone 5 will be released and should be much better (presumably having 4G). It makes no sense to get locked into a 2 year contract with a phone that will be outdated in just 4 months. I think Verizon will see a larger surge once the iPhone 5 is released.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Or it could be explained that the majority of Verizon users have Android and are happier with it.

And the majority of AT&T users with a iPhone want to move to Verizon but will be stuck with a ETF and are waiting for that to pass.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Well Verizon also has to fight against the image in consumer's minds. When they think iPhone, they automatically think AT&T - since they've had it for the last 4 years. It's deeply rooted in the consumers.

gsxr1181

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
If Verizon was offering people to trade in there Android and downgrade to a iPhone while still on contract, then those numbers might rise.

G

And it may be because of a weird glitch in the system that prevents some of us from buying iPhones under the contract price. I've been trying to get one since last Thursday and cannot do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.