Verizon iPhone 4 Sales Haven't Been Spectacular

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonh8806

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
Maybe nobody wants to buy the iphone 4 now since the next generation is only a few months away. If you've waited this long for the iphone on verizon, why not wait a few more months to get the newest generation iphone on verizon. Makes sense to me

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
The numbers mean nothing without a comparison to something. Like projected sales figures or last month's sales. How about some more info.

mx348

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2009
I believe some of these numbers are low because Verizon users have a current Droid on Contract.
The numbers will pickup as users reach the current 2yr contracts on their phones.
Be it iPhone 4, 5, or 6 whenever that time is.
Everyone else that really wanted an iPhone switched to ATT over the last 3 yrs.
In time Verizon will see more users.

helldog3105

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
It might also have something to do with the fact that the iPhone 4 has only been out since last summer and people don't want to pay an early termination fee AND buy their same phone again. I would keep an eye out for next summer when their contracts end.

G

Are you serious? People are just waiting for the next iphone to come out. THEN you will see the numbers sway heavily to Verizon!

G

What makes you think the IPhone 5 will be available on Verizon upon it's launch? It could still be exclusive to AT&T for the time being.

G

They don't want to have to pause downloads to talk on the phone, or put a call on hold to download a file. Version 1 is always lacking features (At least they have Cut/Paste this time). And they may not know how to hold it correctly ;-D

thearm

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2008
I don't understand. Those numbers look great (Better than AT&T) considerating the market is already saturated with AT&T iPhones. And the fact people are still locked into a contract w/ AT&T. This really doesn't mean much. I think people just don't like the huge failure of AT&T and the huge success of Verizon. Nobody likes the king of the hill for some reason.

G

It depends on where the sample stores are located. Here in Southern Illinois, AT&T customers have trouble getting service. If they get service, it may only be 1g in most areas.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Wait for a new release and we'll see something different. The number are already high than on ATT. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be astronomical when the iPhone 5 comes out.

dgingeri

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
I've had good luck with AT&T with my Captivate. I've stuck with them for 5 years now because of issues I've had with Sprint and Verizon. (Shame on Verizon for that contract renewal without notification thing. I will never go back to that horrible company.) My coverage has been good, the service has been good, and I haven't seen any mystery charges. I still have a year and a half on my current contract, but I think I'll probably stick with them after that is over. I don't see why people have such issues with AT&T.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
I have a Touch, why would I need an iPhone? Non user replaceable batteries in a phone that I rely on are against my religion.

That and I'm way more excited about getting some dual core 4G android love

G

The numbers are so low because they haven't been able to supply the stores with them. I want a new iphone for verizon but they are out at every single store i go to.

texbert

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2011
Is this journalist for real? Did he just say that people aren't really interested in the network, just because the old technology that is the iPhone 4 didn't sell out it's supply in a couple days? WOW! Maybe if he had any sense he would consider other reasons, such as people buying better phones with newer and better features such as the droid phones Verizon is offering instead of the old outdated 8-month old iPhone 4, specially if people are in the middle of their contract and can't get the iPhone other than at full retail price until their contract expires... I am a verizon customer and my reasons of not getting the iPhone 4 is because the iPhone 5 is just around the corner. Getting the iPhone 4 now is not very smart, specially with a contract that will prevent people from gettting the iPhone 5 when that comes out soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.