Verizon: iPhone is Digitally Clueless Beauty Queen

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]loomis86[/nom]I'm a dinosaur when it comes to phones. I like real buttons and "ten-key". Laptops/netbooks are for internet. With real buttons and ten-key, I can send text one handed without even looking at my phone. cant do that with an iphone...or a droid...or a blackberry.[/citation]
Why do you need to send a text without looking at your phone? I seriously hope you're not one of those stupid dumb asses that sends text messages while they're driving.

G

you guys are funny you all got brainwashed by droid?
lol use any phone you like for me the droid cant do what my iphone apps can
just like kids at the playground when lil johnny gets all the girls attention and the other lil boys get jelous and call him a dearest comrade. think for yourself !

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]elrodvoss[/nom]Verizon DROID Prettyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLDxv9ohH2sI *think* this is the video. I have never seen it, so im just assuming.[/citation]
Entertaining video.

I'd rather a DROID over an iPhone any day.
However, I'm not paying several hundred dollars to only be on a 2-3 year contract...

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
Poooooooooor babies. And the BeutyQueen never looked at you!
You are criticizing the iPhone for being a toy for adults because another publicist from the competition came up with a campaign? You are being AGAIN victims of a matrix of opinions! These people are the ones playing with your lifestyle all the time. And you are not making your decisions because you are afraid of being judge!

Be a men and buy whatever you want!!!
I don't have and iPhone and I don't think I ever will. But if I decide to have one so what...

G

This is one of the most ridiculous blogs i have ever seen. Why are you all comparing phones to sexuality. Who gives a crap? If you dont like it, then dont buy it. I chose to buy it because it works great in Seattle, i have not had any coverage issues, it is fast as hell and it happens to work for me...meaning it does actually multitask for my needs! So label an iphone user all you want, it doesnt change the fact that the phone works for some. You guys are stupid! If the Droid works for you..then stop talking about the phones that dont work for you, go out and buy the damn phone that does! I dont care if you like the HTC devices...if you do GREAT! Eat a cookie! Go celebrate...its still a phone! Stop dedicating your lives to stupid arguments about phones that can work for some and not for others. Wait no...everyone go out and get the N900...why...cuz it makes you not Gay! Stop making stupid complaints...go complain about our health care...you can use a Samsung for that BTW!

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]I'm a 6'7'' 280 pound body builder who loves Microsoft to death, but i own an iphone. GG with your stereotypes "dearest comrade".[/citation]
Look up the meaning of the word "mostly" you must.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]phexac[/nom]Duno iPhone seems pretty awesome and does everything most people need.[/citation]
Yep. Like, say, copy-paste. It does it know, isn't that great? Or the jailbreak, right... :p

[citation]It is elegantly-designed, and has enormous versatility thanks to its app store.[/citation]
Besides being overpriced and awkward (to my taste) it comes with ridiculous restrictions, that pretty much render it useless (for me ta least).

jawshoeaw

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2008
[citation][nom]gfair[/nom]Don't let Verizon create the discussion points. If you have something to say about the iPhone, say it yourself. Don't let clever marketing insert a provocative statement in your head that makes you want to agree with it.[/citation]

Finally someone says it like it is - don't let marketing be your god. (Same goes for Apple's nonsense). iphone is mainstream appeal (while cleverly pretending it's hip), droid is more niche. So what. It's like complaining about McDonald's food - the masses want it. (not a perfect comparison since the Droid isn't "gourmet")

Personally,I say the Droid is a dud for one reason: Verizon. They have the worst possible coverage where I live; so much for their "map". ATT works at my house, my parent's house, my friend's house, my work, etc and Verizon does not (Sprint towers). I live in a large city. So it's iPhone for me since hey, it actually can make a phone call.

A phone is a phone first (for me). No signal means toy

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]rexoverbey[/nom]The ad makes no since. 1. How is the iphone a beauty queen? It is either all black or white and flat? Not exactly a pink phone with diamond sparkles here. 2. I am sick of the droid crap. It is a crap phone. Crap keyboard, UI sucks and is slow, camera lense sucks no matter how many megapixel, battery cover falls off, auto focus sucks, media player is lame comapred to iphone's, not enough games or apps, limited to 500MB of app storage since you can't install to the microSD (possibley due to slow performance of microSD compared to built in storage), also limited to 16GB unless you purchase a $100 microsd, underlocked A8 CPU to 550mhz (compared to 600mhz), buggy OS according to reviews, lacks multi-touch where as other droid phones aren't, etc. The droid will not be good until atleast a second revision.[/citation]

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
O[citation][nom]rexoverbey[/nom]The ad makes no since. 1. How is the iphone a beauty queen? It is either all black or white and flat? Not exactly a pink phone with diamond sparkles here. 2. I am sick of the droid crap. It is a crap phone. Crap keyboard, UI sucks and is slow, camera lense sucks no matter how many megapixel, battery cover falls off, auto focus sucks, media player is lame comapred to iphone's, not enough games or apps, limited to 500MB of app storage since you can't install to the microSD (possibley due to slow performance of microSD compared to built in storage), also limited to 16GB unless you purchase a $100 microsd, underlocked A8 CPU to 550mhz (compared to 600mhz), buggy OS according to reviews, lacks multi-touch where as other droid phones aren't, etc. The droid will not be good until atleast a second revision.[/citation]

I'm going to assume from your small post of fail and total false info that you have never even seen a Droid before much less used one. Now I'm not a fan of the slide out keyboards and all but it far from six and you just show how little you know And that you have never used the phone. Your right about Alps. Android doesn't have 10k checkers chess and soduko Apps yet. OS is fine so far since my use and that's accourding to actually using it and not what the fanboys tell me.

Let me take step back and touch on this SD card thing. First the Droid I capable of unlimited storage. Do to the SD cards and not limited like the iPhone. Second yes Apps can and are in the cases of the Apps I have downloaded they can be and can run from the SD card.

To end OK Droid isn't a world phone boohoo but your also just as clueless about Verizon's network over seas as you are about the Droid phone its self. Get some fact and not fanboy propaganda for your next post.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
Sorry about multi posting also. I'm actually making. My first post from a cell phone here. I also wanted to mention the Droid screen is 3.7 isn't the iPhone 3.5? So how is the iPhone screen larger? Also the Droid has almost tripple the Res of the iPhone.

G

Baaah. Can't believe people getting fooled by the Verizon marketing machine. The Droid is a heavy CDMA2000 EV-DO handset, which in spite of having (in some areas) better specs than the iPhone, in fact is inferior. You can't really use it to Europe, can you? naaah! The UI is sluggish and just never as smooth and cool as the iphone's.

I don't really understand the Verizon hype over their network. CDMA2000 is inferior to UMTS, which AT&T and the iPhone is using. AT&T just never built their network with enough capacity. Verizon knows this, which is why it's no surprise that Verizon is leaving the CDMA2000-technology and goes down the 3GPP-road with "LTE" in the future.

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
I have owned two iPhones to date, for the very reason many have listed already ... it is the best phone to date. I have my gripes about it.

Rexoverbey : I am not sure where you live, but AT&T users who live in San Francisco or New York City (which is where I am) constantly have ridiculous amounts of dropped calls. I will have full bars in 3G just walking along talking and WAMMMYYYYY ... Call Failed.

I am getting sick of it. And I am waiting for a new phone that is better than my iPhone overall. That being said, the Droid isn't it.

I am hopeful for Droid 2.

climber

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2009
You mean the iPhone is akin to Miss Teen South Carolina? :eek: If you don't know who she s or her beauty pageant foible, check her out on youtube... lol

enealDC

Distinguished
May 3, 2008
This is ridiculous. Verizon is trying to appeal to a certain market. So is Apple/AT&T. In the end, they will both get your money. Me personally, I'm waiting for the HTC HD2 which will absolutely slaughter the droid and the iphone and everything else. Especially when WIN MO7 hits...But I digress. The Iphone is a good phone which appeals to certain people. The Droid is a good phone that appeals to certain people. What's more to discuss?

ktownkilla

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
I'm confused as to what you all think the iPhone "can't do" that the droid can....I have yet to find anything my jailbroken iPhone "can't do"...

quantum mask

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
[citation][nom]ktownkilla[/nom]I'm confused as to what you all think the iPhone "can't do" that the droid can....I have yet to find anything my jailbroken iPhone "can't do"...[/citation]

My DROID didn't HAVE to e jailbroken!

rexoverbey

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2009
[citation][nom]EnFoRceR22[/nom]OI'm going to assume from your small post of fail and total false info that you have never even seen a Droid before much less used one. Now I'm not a fan of the slide out keyboards and all but it far from six and you just show how little you know And that you have never used the phone. Your right about Alps. Android doesn't have 10k checkers chess and soduko Apps yet. OS is fine so far since my use and that's accourding to actually using it and not what the fanboys tell me. Let me take step back and touch on this SD card thing. First the Droid I capable of unlimited storage. Do to the SD cards and not limited like the iPhone. Second yes Apps can and are in the cases of the Apps I have downloaded they can be and can run from the SD card.To end OK Droid isn't a world phone boohoo but your also just as clueless about Verizon's network over seas as you are about the Droid phone its self. Get some fact and not fanboy propaganda for your next post.[/citation]
Acutally you can't install apps to the microSD. 512MB ROM only 256MB for apps. Which of course the developers can off load pictures, and other elments to the microSD. Apparently you don't know anything about your own phone. Here I'll backup all of my data.

1. I said Droid only has 512MB ROM, 256MB for appps.
http://androidandme.com/2009/10/news/google-fails-to-address-app-storage-issue-with-droid-and-android-2-0/
http://www.downloadsquad.com/2009/11/09/droid-does-only-have-256mb-of-storage-for-apps/
http://www.geekword.net/droid-sucks-it-only-allows-256-mb-for-app-storage/

2. I said the battery cover falls off the back.
http://droidie.com/2009/11/20/the-droid-battery-cover-problem/
http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/15292-battery-cover-falling-off.html

3. I said the UI was slow
www.ubergizmo.com/15/archives/.../motorola-droid-review.html

4. I said the Keyboard sucks

Scobleizer: The keyboard and cursor control just don’t come up to the standards set by the Blackberry I had 10 years ago. It’s a low-cost glued on keyboard that just doesn’t offer that many benefits over an optical keyboard.

http://www.ismashphone.com/2009/11/the-motorola-droid-review-mix.htmlbenefits over an optical keyboard.

5. I said the camera sucks

Scobleizer: The camera sucks. First of all, it’s crashed on me several times. The iPhone and Palm Pre cameras have never crashed on me. Second, the iPhone camera seems magical. You can touch the screen to tell it where to focus

Gizmodo: The camera is complete garbage. It takes 10 years to start up, 2 to focus, and another 4 to actually take the goddamn picture.
http://homebiss.blogspot.com/2009/11/motorola-droid-common-gripes-complaints.html

6. I said Droid lacks multi-touch
http://homebiss.blogspot.com/2009/11/motorola-droid-common-gripes-complaints.html

7. I said there is only 10,000 apps compared to 100,000
Pogue (NYT): The Android Market may offer 12,000 of them, but the iPhone store has 100,000 — and over all, they seem to be more useful and imaginative. Shopping is more awkward on the Droid, too, because you have to do it all on the phone; you can’t use your computer, as you can for the iPhone. There’s not much room for the apps on the Droid, either.

I could of added... Applications freeze up.

Even the touchscreen keyboard sucks

Droid has poor battery life

The droid echos

The droid is clunky and the keyboard is not spring loaded
www.entrepreneur.com/technology/.../article204216.html

Status
Not open for further replies.