Verizon iPhone Users to Get $30 Unlimited Data

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

ya 30 dollars a month plus the fine print which includes taxes, title to your life, and the elimination of all credit you had prior to the verizon contract because they actually try to enforce the 60 dollar bill you actually get

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]figity[/nom]ya 30 dollars a month plus the fine print which includes taxes, title to your life, and the elimination of all credit you had prior to the verizon contract because they actually try to enforce the 60 dollar bill you actually get[/citation]
I have had a verizon unlimited data plan for nearly 2 years and had none of the problems you mentioned....you are doing something wrong

Do you perhaps have tethering? That is an additional $30 a month.....(on top of the $30 for unlimited data)

touchdowntexas13

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
This is actually very smart on Verizon's part. They will advertise the unlimited plan as if it is a huge feature over ATT's plan. When in reality, most people wouldn't even use up the 2GB that comes with ATT's $25 plan. So Verizon is getting an extra $5/month on every user that thinks they need unlimited.

I'm not trying to say that unlimited data isn't awesome. It is, and I think it should be the standard in smartphone data plans. But I have yet to find a use for so much data, and I am a pretty heavy smartphone user.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]touchdowntexas13[/nom]This is actually very smart on Verizon's part. They will advertise the unlimited plan as if it is a huge feature over ATT's plan. When in reality, most people wouldn't even use up the 2GB that comes with ATT's $25 plan. So Verizon is getting an extra $5/month on every user that thinks they need unlimited.I'm not trying to say that unlimited data isn't awesome. It is, and I think it should be the standard in smartphone data plans. But I have yet to find a use for so much data, and I am a pretty heavy smartphone user.[/citation]
So true...I only have the unlimited plan because my phone required it to get the cheaper price haha

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]thebigt42[/nom]But to use the Wifi Hot Spot will cost you another extra $20 a month...How can they sleep at night?http://www.tgdaily.com/mobility-br [...] -a-hotspot[/citation]
Only if you cannot handle jailbreaking a phone.....(which you have a legal right to do)

G

hmmmm sounds good to me, I ran my 2GB plan to 20GB in a week... thank you torrents, Damn you AT&T!

Dispute is settled though, I owe nothing, so thank you AT&T!!! =D

mchuf

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
[citation][nom]alyoshka[/nom]I don't get it, the rest of the world is cutting the internet usage prices.... why do these networks keep increasing them?[/citation]
Because ceo's in this country get bonuses based on short-term profits and not on long-term planning, such as improving network capacity.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Cool that Verizon is doing this, but I'm sticking with my Droid with my $29.99 unlimited data plan discounted to $23.99 through Verizon.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
They say unlimited, but in reality they will start throttling you after a certain amount. Oh, not to mention that they'll probably turn back on their words in a few months.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]Don't be fooled... this is a bait-and-switch for near future. Read the whole article.[/citation]
Only if the near future is 2+ years.....once you start an unlimited plan you keep it until you start a new plan

If you never change plans, then you are unlimited forever

chris1685

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
Verizon phones are to problematic! and there customer service is awful, They are trying to be to big as a company instead of investing in the quality of there products. I understand Verizon doesn't make there phones but they are suppose to stand behind there products they sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.