Verizon Leak Reveals Android 4.0 ICS Upgrades for May

Status
Not open for further replies.

skittle

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2006
And yet original Samsung Galaxy S phones have had ICS for ~5 months via xda. Glad to see Verizon is on top of things.

Cache

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Verizon is too busy trying to make sure that it can remove native applications from Android in favor of 'Verizon only' services. There is no financial incentive for them to move onto ICS with any speed. Despite the fact that ICS has been out, that almost all phone manufacturers have established which phones can and cannot be updated while still providing a good user experience, Verizon isn't updating much of anything.

Too busy spending my money, I guess, on executive back scratchers.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
I wonder how much difference ICS would have actually made on my Droid Razr Maxx. I'll never know. ...but iOS seems to be working okay on my 4S.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]lockhrt999[/nom]Just wondering, how's stuff that come from xda compared to what come out of Verizon and ATT?[/citation]
full of bloatware

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Man, and I thought the verizon Galaxy Nexus being stuck on android 4.0.1 was bad... (while the GSM versions have had 4.0.4 for a little while by now) I think I'm going to switch carriers if this keeps up.

G

The great thing about ICS is that you can disable all that bloatware crap

zippyzion

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
[citation][nom]lockhrt999[/nom]Just wondering, how's stuff that come from xda compared to what come out of Verizon and ATT?[/citation]

The stuff from XDA actually works great. I run ICS on my original EVO 4G and it's nearly flawless as far as every day usage is concerned. Or were you trying to imply that stuff not released by carriers is in some way inferior? Because I can assure you that several custom mods are far more robust. Thing sure look better from out here in the "actually free" world. I am much more satisfied with my phone now that my software isn't carrier restricted.

everygamer

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2006
And yet, my Galaxy Nexus which has ICS has not received a single update yet in the 5+ months since it was released, if you can't roll out bug fixes and updates forget about adding more phones to the platform.

fkr

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
the OS's that are offered on xda-developers are of very high quality. they have absolutely no bloatware, they give the option to overclock your old phone or even undervolt a new phone while keeping the same speeds. the OS's are developed for every individual phone. not to mention that they have the most knowledgeable people out there. it kept my old OG droid running forever with an overclock to 1.2 Ghz and many memory improvement scripts, a partition of 512 megs from my SD card as ram and a completely custom ROM. The people on XDA are like the people here 10 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.