Verizon Now Monitors, Shares User Web Surfing Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacy7955

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
OUTRAGEOUS!

The CEO and the BoD need to be FIRED IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!

UNETHICAL, IMMORAL, AND INEXCUSABLE BEHAVIOR!

Another rogue corporation that needs to be taught a lesson. All subscribers should cancel, and it won't cost you a cent in early termination fees because when terms change like this they cannot hold you if you refuse to agree to the new terms!!!

surda

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
"We will combine Mobile Usage Information and Consumer Information in a way that does not personally identify you,"

such as gender, age range, sports fan, frequent diner, or pet owner and share Location Information with other companies.

well to me that identity's everything, i do not like the idea that im being watched using my own private phone, and then having these information shared with another companies.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
[citation][nom]meat81[/nom]This should not be legal...[/citation]

According to the FCC it isn't legal, they are required to ask for permission before they do it, not do it then give people a way to opt out.

Also, following the link, it seems that I have not been included in this scheme of theirs yet as it doesn't show this new "feature" as being on the privacy page. Has anyone else had that problem?

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]klavis[/nom]According to the FCC it isn't legal, they are required to ask for permission before they do it, not do it then give people a way to opt out.Also, following the link, it seems that I have not been included in this scheme of theirs yet as it doesn't show this new "feature" as being on the privacy page. Has anyone else had that problem?[/citation]

What, you didn't catch that loophole big enough for a shuttle to fly through?

...Unless it's for "enhancements to services you already use."

You didn't actually think the FCC worked for YOU (i.e. "We the people") did you? I'm not a gov't hater at all, but even I have to admit the FCC is one of the most corrupt watchdog entities in existence. Seriously, how can anyone say it's functioning, if an FCC big-wig can take a job with Comcast right after voting to approve it's billion dollar merger with NBC/universal? That's so corrupt that the people that are supposed to be watching the FCC should get arrested!

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]klavis[/nom]According to the FCC it isn't legal, they are required to ask for permission before they do it, not do it then give people a way to opt out.Also, following the link, it seems that I have not been included in this scheme of theirs yet as it doesn't show this new "feature" as being on the privacy page. Has anyone else had that problem?[/citation]
Mine was there. Opted out. Thanks for the link Kevin. But I'm sure being opted in by default is the same load of BS other companies use so it is "convenient" for the customer.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
Thanks for the link, opted out immediately. Advertising is one of the biggest bullshits ever created, if I want something I will look for it myself, I don't want shit being crapped in front of me

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Seriously, VZW? If I wanted a smartphone, this makes me EVEN MORE want to go for an ipod touch sort of device (like the samsung galaxy player). Sheesh, and I thought it was bad to have to pay for a data plan...

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]Thanks for the link, opted out immediately. Advertising is one of the biggest bullshits ever created, if I want something I will look for it myself, I don't want shit being crapped in front of me[/citation]
No kidding! In fact, because when I start a certain radio stream, I keep getting Twizlers ads, I've decided to NEVER buy Twizlers. Great way to advertise - shove it in the customer's face so much that they no longer want to buy the product if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.