Verizon Now Offering Double the 4G Data at No Added Cost

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalmvern

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2011
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]Both my lines were grandfathered in with unlimited data. Wish I could apply it to my data card. Oh well.[/citation]

Same here, but im glad other people will get to use more data. Good for Verizon.

And clearly if you had used LTE you wouldnt say that it sucks. I have LTE coverage everywhere here in South Florida and it is almost as fast as my wifi at home.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]LTE blows anything else out of the water.[/citation]

I was referring to data caps itself that still sucks because speeds doesnt mean crap if you are limited =/. Once my Sprint contract is over Im going straight to boost mobile or virgin mobile for unlimited data with no CONTRACT!

G

If I could pre-order my Galaxy Nexus, to gain this data promotion I'd ditch the AT&T bandwagon and hop on Verizon in a flash, until then, I'm sticking to my off-contract AT&T. I'm not going to lock myself into a good non-unlimited contract for a phone I do not want (RZR).

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Double nothing is still nothing... I'd use that limit in maybe a week now instead of only a few days... They're still trying to fight the real need for unlimited data packages. Especially with today's smartphone data use, that's just dumb for anyone who actually 'uses' their phones... That's why I dumped AT&T and went to Sprint... It's cheaper and it's "unlimited". Verizon was no better than AT&T at the time but even now with double their limit... It's still no good. And that's not including tethering... I was worried about Sprint coverage but it's been surprisingly excellent, even in rural areas. All I can say is 'kudos' to sprint for keeping the real unlimited package alive.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
I have unlimited and never see myself going over 4gb with a few videos here and there. [citation][nom]SirGCal[/nom]Double nothing is still nothing... I'd use that limit in maybe a week now instead of only a few days... They're still trying to fight the real need for unlimited data packages. Especially with today's smartphone data use, that's just dumb for anyone who actually 'uses' their phones... That's why I dumped AT&T and went to Sprint... It's cheaper and it's "unlimited". Verizon was no better than AT&T at the time but even now with double their limit... It's still no good. And that's not including tethering... I was worried about Sprint coverage but it's been surprisingly excellent, even in rural areas. All I can say is 'kudos' to sprint for keeping the real unlimited package alive.[/citation]
So don't watch HD videos on your phone? It's pretty easy not to go past your limit

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]I have unlimited and never see myself going over 4gb with a few videos here and there. So don't watch HD videos on your phone? It's pretty easy not to go past your limit[/citation]

I don't stream video... I use it... If you use yours for more then facebook and emails, you'd use a lot more. Heck, I used over 1G just using the GPS on a long trip downloading all of those map fragments with the GPS tool for the areas I was in. Plus, simply saying "Don't use it for..." is just pointless. People want to stream music and movies to their smartphone... They pay for Pandora/Hulu/Netflix, they want to use it without worrying about hitting yet another limit... So why not say "Don't drive your car" cause you don't like the cost of fuel... Pretty senseless argument instead of suggesting getting a more efficient vehicle (better data plan).

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]LTE blows anything else out of the water.[/citation]
not for the price this so called verizon is charging....here i come sprint...can't wait for my contract to expire...3 more months

kanaida

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
These guys are moronic, how can you give unlimited, then go well... hmm.. lets screw everyone and make more money by taking away stuff. Then we'll throw them a little morsel to make them feel like they're getting more...
Just use metro, I get everything including unlimited long distance for 60 bucks. the speed is 3mbps. Sure it's not ridiculously fast. But it's as fast as dsl so what do you care, stuff loads quickly anyways.

jimslaid2

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Well it should be around 8GB instead of 4GB because I use about that much on my Droid Chrage. LTE is fast 50 down and 9 up, that faster than most DSL or Cable internet.

cjl

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2008
[citation][nom]maziar321[/nom]50 down and 9 up THEORTCIAL. No way in hell are you actually going to get thos speeds...[/citation]

I pretty consistently get 25-30 down and 5-6 up. Is it 50/9 Mbps? No, but it's damn fast for a phone (and it really isn't that far off either)...

G

I dont do that much with my cellphone either, and I routinely hit 4-6GB a month for very average usage. A few youtube vids at lunch maybe, email sync, and some websurfing on the toilet. Thats about it. Thank god I am grandfathered in unlimited, otherwise it would be a joke and I'd just get a cheesy flip phone or something. The limitations are so artificial and ridiculously counter-productive to technology.

I just got netflix streaming back, we'll see how far I blow it up this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.