Verizon/Redbox Streaming Service Just Got Bigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Who do you think already controls the movie rental business? Mom & pop shops? Get real, big corporations ALREADY control the movie industry lol.

Anyway, I hate redbox. You pay something like $1.25/day now and have to return it by 9pm or some asinine time the next day. It's actually more of a pain in the ass than checking my mailbox. I'd rather have a movie for a week than the pressure of knowing i absolutely MUST watch it that night if I intend to return it the next day.

leadpoop

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2010
Redbox is awesome. I think the times are perfect, I mean come on if you can't get a movie back by 9 pm the next day your just lazy. I doubt I would pay much more that 1.50 a movie but as it stands right now im ok with it.

Star72

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
@ leadpoop

Some people with families may have circumstances that prevent them from watching the movie that night which they had planned. If that person also has to work late into the early evening then they are most likely out of luck to see the movie at all. The times don't work for everyone, don't be so quick to judge.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
[citation][nom]lolverizon[/nom]...and have to return it by 9pm or some asinine time the next day.[/citation]

That is what DVDFab, ISOs, a NAS and several XBMCs are made for DIY DVR/On Demand service

G

If you are finding yourself dissapointed by the return times for renting a Redbox video, consider yourself not in Coinstar's target market. The Redbox service is designed to reach out to people who want to rent a movie on the fly, not be charge an unacceptable rental fee and can bring the movie back within a day. The reason they have been successful is not because they rent a movie out for a week at $1.50.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]A whopping $1.25 a day.... some people.[/citation]
Since it's nothing to you, please send me $450 for next year's fees.... some people.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
This could be quite a change from Netflix. For those who cycle through Netflix rentals very quickly, Netflix throttles them by delaying their shipments. There is a set price per rental that Netflix has, and if you start to rent fast enough to cross that threshold, they'll insert artificial delays into the system. The Redbox concept would remove the potential for such delays, making it consumer-friendly for those willing to travel to a kiosk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS