Verizon Reveals Prepaid Smartphone Data Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
They left out the most important thing....the price of the phones themselves....those are already the regular plan rates, what price can we get a phone for?

If $500 then this is nothing new and a complete fail

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Well I'm confused. Here I was being repeatedly told that the prices were higher for contract users because the service provider had to recoup the costs of subsidizing the phone? Well this is the exact same price as the regular data plan and I'm expected to provide my own phone? Talk about bull****. If I provide my own phone the data plan shouldn't be as expensive.

G

um 10$ for 25MB is not good...its a gouge anyway you look at it

G

The difference is that you can have the minimum cost voice plan ($8.33 per month) and still buy $30 unlimited data, for a minimum total of $38.33 per month. With postpaid you have to add the $30 onto a voice plan of $40 or more. Since conceivably you could use VOIP for voice calls with unlimited data, you don't need many minutes anyway.

For light data users, the PagePlus 1200/1200/50MB plan for $30 a month is a better deal.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Yesterday afternoon, Verizon confirmed these plans and announced that yes, all of its Android phones, along with BlackBerrys and the Palm Pixi and Pre would be available to prepaid customers with a $30 per month unlimited data plan.

So if this is NEW for Pre-Paid, does that mean contract customers get to keep the $30/month unlimited Data plans too?

Cause if pre-paid get a better dealer I'm going to be quite angry. Cause I want my next phone to be a Droid 2 with unlimited data thank you very much.

G

So I called Verizon today and they said pre-paid smart phone, minimal phone $349 and per month 450 minutes w/ unlimited text 64.99, add unlimited data plan 30 then would accualy run arount $94. NO THANK YOU! Toms you made it sound cheaper:(

I have VirginMobile of blackberry 8530 for $249 and.... per month 300 min, unlimited text, unlimited data all for grand total of $35 (none smartphone is $25 a month). VirginMobile not the best service or biggest selection in phones but it works for me and I save 100 for same BB 8530 phone and $60 a month for about the same service. For that $60 a month savings with no contract...I can over look a few things.

ubertiger

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
lol, It's only £5 ($8) for unlimited data on most networks in the UK, for once it looks like the intense competition here is giving us the better deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.