Verizon Samsung 5S moving apps to SD card...no longer available

MMI2626

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016
With the latest update to my Verizon Samsung 5S they removed the separated columns and there is no longer a "downloaded" "Running" etc. It just states "All Apps" when you hit that there is Enabled or Turned Off. I am running out of storage and no longer able to switch them to my SD card. Sometimes when they update I can then switch them back to SD from the internal unit and other times it doesn't give me that option and they go immediately to the internal drive. The storage is so low I sometimes don't get emails etc! I am frustrated and my husband doesn't want to hear it any more...he says time for an iPhone! HELP!!!

Solution
I don't have a Marshmallow device here but I suspect removing the card, restarting the device then putting it back in so it's recognised by the system.

That should give you option to choose which function you want the card to carry out.

The system might have nominated the card as Portable because it might not be up to the job of running Apps. It may do the same again and if it does, you need to buy a more up-to-date and faster SdCard.
Android Marshmallow offers you to nominate your SdCard for either Internal or Portable storage.

Choosing Internal means you can store music, photos and videos and to run some, but not all, Apps. Choosing Portable means you can't run Apps from the card.

MMI2626

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

*OK, thanks. I understand. Now how do I change the setting for my SD card from Portable to Internal? It is currently showing as Portable but I can't seem to change that.

I don't have a Marshmallow device here but I suspect removing the card, restarting the device then putting it back in so it's recognised by the system.

That should give you option to choose which function you want the card to carry out.

The system might have nominated the card as Portable because it might not be up to the job of running Apps. It may do the same again and if it does, you need to buy a more up-to-date and faster SdCard.

Solution