Verizon says I have two IMEIs and can't activate phone

danield147

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013
My phone was water damaged and repaired, but when I tried to activate it again, I could only send texts, receive texts, and access the internet. I couldn't make calls or receive them. They said the phone was only partially activated because the IMEI number in the phone's software wasn't the same as the one on the label behind the battery and they were conflicting, and when that happens it usually doesn't activate at all. I'm guessing this is because the motherboard on the phone was switched out for a working one. So my question is, how do I get my damn phone to where it could be activated again...

danield147

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013

I would love to have fixed it with Verizon, especially after an hour of waiting to switch phones once and another hour of waiting to switch it back after this one wouldn't work. They told me that they have no way to fix it, but that it could be done. I know a good bit about computers, but phones are uncharted territory for me. That's why I thought maybe one of you almighty tech geniuses may have gone through this before and could help me see my way out of it