Verizon to Launch Two Powerful Droids Tomorrow

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
*tomorrow*??? This is news to me. I heard that the DX wasn't going to drop until July, and the D2 was more like the christmas oct-nov timeframe. Normally I refrain from phone fanaticism, but... How exciting!!!

Kahless01

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
too damn big. my mytouch is about the perfect size, just needs 2.2 on it. these 4-4.5" screens make for a huge lump in my pocket. and im hetero so no hip holster thing for me.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]nsmetana[/nom]I hate how fast they release new phones! I just got my Droid ERIS a few months ago and I already feel like it's outdated[/citation]

Brisk competition in the market will help the consumers in the end with higher performance devices and good prices. I feel your pain and the rapid improvements make it harder to decide when to upgrade and when to wait just a little longer.

I expect this rapid smart phone release trend to continue another year or two before we see things level out again.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]joebob2000[/nom]*tomorrow*??? This is news to me. I heard that the DX wasn't going to drop until July, and the D2 was more like the christmas oct-nov timeframe. Normally I refrain from phone fanaticism, but... How exciting!!![/citation]

Fail. There is a megahype press conference today, but the date for the DX release is still looking like July 2. The D2 hasn't even been acknowledged by Verizon's marketing machine yet so while they might talk about it they probably won't even have a release date.

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
I have the original Moto DROID and love it, but man, I would love to have the X. Me want HDMI out and double the benchmarks to boot!!! :) Great to see so many new phone varieties to choose from. Pretty awesome array of Android phones now days and that means we, the customer win! :D Go Google!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS