Verizon Won't Identify Alleged BitTorrent Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Interesting. Verizon was formed in 1983. It only took them 29 years to finally do something right.

xbsoft

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
This is great. No matter what the public bullies want/say, Companies have the right NOT to give out any information under the First Amendment. Excellent move by Verizon to shut down the bullies.

aoneone

Distinguished
May 27, 2011
Oh great now verizon will be sued by those idiots for failure to provide pertinent information and now this whole world is going down the S hole.. Oh wait! it already is! ^_^

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Verizon realizes that serving its customers is what gives them money, step on the privacy of the customers and lose your costumers. Not a shred of information should ever be given without a proper warrant, if they cannot get a warrant then clearly they never had proper evidence to begin with which makes it nothing less than a witch hunt.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]jryan388[/nom]This is good. I hate pirates with a passion but I still don't think any service provider has that right.[/citation]

Pirates would pirate less if the information they seeked wasn't so bloody expensive.
iTunes for example, movies are like $24 for SD CONTENT.. You can get a physical Blu-Ray in 1080P for that money.

Netflix is not available world-wide.
Google movies are only rentals, and they are expensive enough as it is.
There are few legal online services that provide a convenient and cheap way to purchase content where I live.

If I had the money, I would obtain all the licensing I need and launch a FULLY 100% LEGAL SITE where I only bring in 5% profit of sales after hosting and licensing costs.

Because of all the people that would buy from my site, I would force other sites to lower their prices and I would still be making a load of money.

tk1138

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
[citation][nom]NuclearShadow[/nom]Verizon realizes that serving its customers is what gives them money, step on the privacy of the customers and lose your costumers. Not a shred of information should ever be given without a proper warrant, if they cannot get a warrant then clearly they never had proper evidence to begin with which makes it nothing less than a witch hunt.[/citation]

even with a "proper" warrant does not necessarily mean that its based off of proper evidence, and just cuz it has a judges signature on it does not mean its lawful as well....it has to state the place to be searched and it has to be pretty specific, and it has to list what is to be taken or found there....\

just cuz a cop says "i have a warrant" or the govt says " i have a subpena" does not mean that you must or should submit/obey ....(unless you are a slave, then you are probably used to submitting to "authority"

even if a cop had a lawful warrant i probably wont let them into my house alive....(and the only way they would get in my house is if im dead)

just ask people who have been convicted with evidence that was planted...

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]Pirates would pirate less if the information they seeked wasn't so bloody expensive.iTunes for example, movies are like $24 for SD CONTENT.. You can get a physical Blu-Ray in 1080P for that money.Netflix is not available world-wide.Google movies are only rentals, and they are expensive enough as it is.There are few legal online services that provide a convenient and cheap way to purchase content where I live.If I had the money, I would obtain all the licensing I need and launch a FULLY 100% LEGAL SITE where I only bring in 5% profit of sales after hosting and licensing costs.Because of all the people that would buy from my site, I would force other sites to lower their prices and I would still be making a load of money.[/citation]Don't use iTunes maybe? Buy used/discounted physical copies? If you own the physical copy, at that point I don't even care if you rip it yourself or pirate a copy someone else ripped.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]andboomer[/nom]Interesting. Verizon was formed in 1983. It only took them 29 years to finally do something right.[/citation]

what company are you thinking of. verizon wasnt around till 2000. before that i got my service from GTE and others from bell atlantic.

[citation][nom]soldier37[/nom]Way to go Verizon, wish Comcast would do the same...[/citation]

unlike verizon comcast has been happy to help all the people spy on you all the time.

G

Hey John Wiley and your sons! If you don't have anything else to do other than bullying other people and robbing their money by "settling out of court", why don't you just go get your own books and shove them in your arses. That'd make you feel better.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Go Big Red!

If ISPs take a stand against these thugs then they'll have to get actual court orders to obtain the information they seek, and as we've seen, judges are less and less inclined to do that.

Could this be the year we start to get these outrageous lawsuits under control?

tk1138

Honorable
Mar 20, 2012
I am a pirate for life, you try and arrest me or impose fines on me i will kill you, with that said....

i might not pirate as much if hollywood (and to a leser extent game makers) improve their products instead of comming out with the same old crap that they always do....

just downloaded the movie red tails,
it was crap....its a rehash of a foreign ww2 aviation movie called (dark blue world) i mean almost exactly!!!

and then i laughed out loud during the ariel fighting sequences probably 5 times, since it was so outrageous....(like the american AP 50 cals making everything explode, while the germans rather large HE cannon shells on the jet fighter 262 would not explode on anything, when they should....)

the point is make movies and games that are good and original not cookie cutter crap sorta like SWTOR MMO (the old republic) the whole time i was playing it i kept thinking wow this is alot like WOW....i mean thats all i could think it was so unoriginal and crappy.....

Status
Not open for further replies.