Verizon's Galaxy Nexus Sees High Demand at Launch

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluekoala

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2008
I learned an important lesson a few months ago. I paid full price for my g/f android phone, 99$ for a LG optimus Chic. It takes nicer pictures than my Motorola milestone, has better battery life, is about as powerful and is all around sexy. Milestone was 600$.

A friend is selling me a Nexus One for 50$. An upgrade I was considering last year when the phone was 600$. I'm saving a lot of money just by living in last year ;)

jimslaid2

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
I don't know. I think its the best Android Phone I've used. I've had 6 different android phones. So, from my standpoint, that's how I feel. That is all that matters to me.

zulutech

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2011
Ive had my galaxy nexus for a week now, its fantastic, better than the iPhone 4s in my opinion. The screen is beautiful, and although it does have its quirks being amoled and all, its no wonder they are out of stock.

G

The boot loop on wi-fi is a nightmare. I traded in my Bionic for this. And worst of all, Verizon and Samsung are acting like it's not really happening, yet, many people have replaced their phones only find out the new one does the same. This is a massive flaw, and needs to addressed as soon as possible. Can't believe this phone came out with these issues. It's no better than the no 4g or data bionic release.

zblade

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
I have been reading a lot of these articles about iphones and androids and it is usually a good read. However, I have never once seen anyone mention the Galaxy Note. I am getting one in a few weeks and for what I do, I think the Samsung Galaxy Note will be awesome for me. You guys in the US don't get this phone?

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
Didnt have any trouble getting mine Thursday morning, but did get VERY lucky. Called about 30 minutes after the store opened and they had one left, which they held for me to come get. Just waiting on my extended battery in thats coming in the mail. Love the phone. Hit 53.3mb/s down and 16.1mb/s up on the 4g.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]zblade[/nom]I have been reading a lot of these articles about iphones and androids and it is usually a good read. However, I have never once seen anyone mention the Galaxy Note. I am getting one in a few weeks and for what I do, I think the Samsung Galaxy Note will be awesome for me. You guys in the US don't get this phone?[/citation]

Not available in the U.S. yet (available in the U.S. and parts of Asia for a while now). Rumored to be hitting AT&T in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.