Verizon's Samsung Zeal Has E-Ink QWERTY KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidman

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
Yeah, agreed with Snipergod87. I had that phone about a year ago, and it was crap. The keys take a while to refresh when switched between display orientation and was roughly the size of a brick! It was extremely thick and super heavy! I enjoyed the Alias 1 much more, and hated the Alias 2 so much I gave in and bought an Android phone!

The E-ink was the only interesting part about the phone, otherwise its the same tech and proprietary Verizon locked down operating system that has been on non-smart phones for years.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
My mother-in-law got herself one of the earlier models (I'm guessing an Alias 2?) when she finally took-up texting. I think she traded it back in for an Android phone not too recently.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Panasonic executed the concept much better since 3 years ago, but those models didn't have QWERTY. Either way, its a good phone if it functioned well.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
That's actually a pretty neat idea.
I don't mind typing on a touch screen myself, but I still want a dedicated keyboard. Maybe if this was a horizontal slider style.

G

I have Samsungs original version of this phone (U740) and it has lasted 4+ years without ANY issues. I love the idea of the hinged clam shell. Its great for texting and/or when using as a speaker phone (built in stereo speakers). The other big plus with this phone is it can handle up to a 32GB microSD card, and its Wi-Fi capable without having to be concerbed with the data fees not to minimize the navigator capablity...this phone is exaclty what I need. Hopefully it holds up to expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.