Vertical stripes on screen with bsod

Ibu_vin

Estimable
Mar 27, 2015
I'm using n inspiron 15 r n5010 laptop which has vertical stripes on screen followed by blue screen which show some error relating to ati.mpag.sys
Can anyone tell me what the problem is how to resolve it pronto..

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
vertical stripes from a graphics card often indicates a overheating of the GPU problem.
make sure you are not overclocking, makes sure the vents are not blocked. on older machines you might want to make sure the fans are still working and blow out any dust.

johnbl

Honorable
Nov 4, 2012
most people run software to overclock the GPU, just disable the software. Some cards are factory overclocked and you have to run software to reduce the clock settings. for any overheating problem, make sure the fans are spinning up to full speed, sometimes they can get plugged up by dust or even a wire rubbing against the fan can slow it down or keep it from spinning. I have had older graphics cards where the fan blades popped free from the motor. The motor would spin and you could hear it but the fan blade did not spin.

laptops can have small fans, just a little dust can keep them from starting, often you can just blow on them and they start spinning.