Solved! Very bad CS:GO fps after 2 years on asus alptop

Jun 25, 2019
Hello

I used to have like 150 fps on high settings and I could play CS:GO easily but now my laptop heats and I can barely run 110 fps on low settings.

This is my laptop benchmark:
UserBenchmarks: Game 16%, Desk 62%, Work 44%
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700HQ - 68.5%
GPU: Intel HD 530 (Mobile Skylake) - 7.1%
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB - 97.5%
RAM: Samsung M471A1G43DB0-CPB 2x8GB - 74.2%
MBD: Asus N551VW

I don't know why my gpu is 7% left. Should I reset my laptop?

Solution
Depends on where you are reading the info for the GPU and where you got the info saying you should have the other kind of GPU.

Also, you kind of stated why you would be having problems right in the info you gave. You said yourself that it is overheating. If that is the case, that could easily give you problems.

What you need to get it to stop overheating. This may just require cleaning out the inside of dust, debris, clearing fans and vents, etc. I could also mean you need to replace all thermal paste or even replace a fan or two. Hopefully you can get the temps down before damage can occur to the GPU or even the motherboard.

NOTE: If the laptop is under warranty, don't do any of this yourself or take it to a local person. In such a...
Depends on where you are reading the info for the GPU and where you got the info saying you should have the other kind of GPU.

Also, you kind of stated why you would be having problems right in the info you gave. You said yourself that it is overheating. If that is the case, that could easily give you problems.

What you need to get it to stop overheating. This may just require cleaning out the inside of dust, debris, clearing fans and vents, etc. I could also mean you need to replace all thermal paste or even replace a fan or two. Hopefully you can get the temps down before damage can occur to the GPU or even the motherboard.

NOTE: If the laptop is under warranty, don't do any of this yourself or take it to a local person. In such a case you should contact the manufacturer about a repair.

Solution