Question Very slow 2.4 ghz connection on apple devices

Smajdalfko

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2015
Hello,
I have tp-link modem/router which is currently making 2 wireless networks- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. I have pretty trash network speed in my location so it should not make any difference in internet speed whether I am connected to 2.4 or 5 GHz network. But if I connect to 2.4 GHz network with my Apple devices (iphone, ipad....), the network speed (playing videos, browsing the internet...) is slow as hell. I feel like in the early 00. If I connect to 5GHz everything is just fine. If I connect to the 2.4 GHz for example with my Asus laptop the speed is okay.

Aug 5, 2023
To improve your 2.4 GHz performance for your Apple devices, consider changing the wireless channel through your router settings—channels 1, 6, and 11 are typically recommended to avoid overlap. Also, ensure your router’s firmware is up-to-date. You can also reset the network settings on your Apple devices which can resolve hidden issues affecting connectivity. Lastly, the placement of your router can significantly impact performance; try to position it centrally and away from other electronics.

USAFRet

Illustrious
To improve your 2.4 GHz performance for your Apple devices, consider changing the wireless channel through your router settings—channels 1, 6, and 11 are typically recommended to avoid overlap. Also, ensure your router’s firmware is up-to-date. You can also reset the network settings on your Apple devices which can resolve hidden issues affecting connectivity. Lastly, the placement of your router can significantly impact performance; try to position it centrally and away from other electronics.
For this user, or any user, how does 2.4GHz compare to 5GHz?
Why would one be different than the other?

Aug 5, 2023
For this user, or any user, how does 2.4GHz compare to 5GHz?
Why would one be different than the other?
I guess the 2.4 GHz band is more prone to interference from various household electronics, I don't know, maybe it's a microwave or some Bluetooth devices

TRENDING THREADS