VHS to HDMI

cskfong

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
I have an old VHS that I'd like to connect to my new Vizio 4k tv. I am tech challenged. Can anyone tell me exactly what I need and where to buy it? I think I put the red, white, yellow plug into old VHS and need HDMI plug to go into tv. Please help!

Solution
Doesn't your TV have at least one legacy analog video input? It may seem to only have a component video (3 RCA jacks + audio (2 RCA jacks) connection but that can be set to use as a composite video input in the TV menu. The manual will tell you which of the three component video jacks is for the yellow video connection from the VCR. The red and white audio from the VCR go to the two RCA audio connections.
Doesn't your TV have at least one legacy analog video input? It may seem to only have a component video (3 RCA jacks + audio (2 RCA jacks) connection but that can be set to use as a composite video input in the TV menu. The manual will tell you which of the three component video jacks is for the yellow video connection from the VCR. The red and white audio from the VCR go to the two RCA audio connections.

Solution