Video: An Adorable Elephant Playing with the Galaxy Note

Status
Not open for further replies.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]azncracker[/nom]Wow elephants are so smart![/citation]

Apparently, at least smarter than iPhone users, since the elephant chose Galaxy Note :D

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]The galaxy note is so big its more natural for elephants to use than humans, it's only logic.[/citation]

Ok.. the elephant was not given a choice.. it was presented a Note.. BTW, I own one of these Notes and it will be going right back to the store it came from.. It seems Google still hasn't fixed a number of issues that are natural and included with Apple's product.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]Ok.. the elephant was not given a choice.. it was presented a Note.. BTW, I own one of these Notes and it will be going right back to the store it came from.. It seems Google still hasn't fixed a number of issues that are natural and included with Apple's product.[/citation]
Not to be an Apple promoter or anything, but I already took my Note back in exchange for an iPhone as well.

I owned the first iPhone, but after being disappointed by battery life switched to Android. To be honest hated my last two Android phones I owned (Droid and Galaxy), but decided to give it another chance with the Note. Instantly disappointed yet again, so back to the iPhone. Got an iPhone 4 cause I don't feel the need to talk to Siri.

I don't like Apple's crazy, hardcore, absolutely insane, zombie, brainwashed fans anymore than the next person. But at least their iPhone does what I want it to do.

reprotected

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
@Ragnar-Kon I agree. Although I own a Galaxy S2 and really don't regret getting it, for the most part, I like the simplicity of iOS (I own an iPod Touch 4g). Unlike Android, iOS has an easier time backing up apps, adding music, and updating it's own OS.

My Galaxy S2 cannot update to newer versions without rooting and going through tedious processes that jailbreaking/clean iPhones do not. I'm still stuck on 2.3.3 with no update options in my phone or on Samsung Kies.

I can't manage music as easily as I can with iTunes. Samsung Kies is the worst program I have ever used, and programs like Miro have problem connected to my Galaxy S2. It works, but with annoyances. Although this is Apple's fault and not Google's, some of my songs are locked into the Apple AAC format, so competitive media players cannot display it's name and artists.

Updating is the biggest issue with international versions of Galaxy S2, as well as app limitations when it comes to games. For Apple, it's either they don't release the app in your country (which is uncommon for games), or incompatibility with your phone (which is once again not an issue due to the fact that I can actually read if a certain app is compatible with my iOS version and iPhone/iPod touch), but with Android, it's usually due to incompatibility. Easy Android updating is non-existent in international versions of the phone, and app backups are dependent online.

I'm not bashing on Android/Galaxy S2, in fact, I would still prefer my Galaxy S2 oven an iPhone, but these inconveniences can really pester someone. Surely enough once most of us get adapted the Android, these inconveniences generally become a new learning experience to us, and can teach us much more about managing programs and using new and hopefully open software, while giving us more customization and control over our devices rather than using a closed program and a monopolizing service managing a closed and not-so-flexible mobile OS.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]reprotected[/nom]@Ragnar-Kon I agree. Although I own a Galaxy S2 and really don't regret getting it, for the most part, I like the simplicity of iOS (I own an iPod Touch 4g). Unlike Android, iOS has an easier time backing up apps, adding music, and updating it's own OS. My Galaxy S2 cannot update to newer versions without rooting and going through tedious processes that jailbreaking/clean iPhones do not. I'm still stuck on 2.3.3 with no update options in my phone or on Samsung Kies.I can't manage music as easily as I can with iTunes. Samsung Kies is the worst program I have ever used, and programs like Miro have problem connected to my Galaxy S2. It works, but with annoyances. Although this is Apple's fault and not Google's, some of my songs are locked into the Apple AAC format, so competitive media players cannot display it's name and artists. Updating is the biggest issue with international versions of Galaxy S2, as well as app limitations when it comes to games. For Apple, it's either they don't release the app in your country (which is uncommon for games), or incompatibility with your phone (which is once again not an issue due to the fact that I can actually read if a certain app is compatible with my iOS version and iPhone/iPod touch), but with Android, it's usually due to incompatibility. Easy Android updating is non-existent in international versions of the phone, and app backups are dependent online.I'm not bashing on Android/Galaxy S2, in fact, I would still prefer my Galaxy S2 oven an iPhone, but these inconveniences can really pester someone. Surely enough once most of us get adapted the Android, these inconveniences generally become a new learning experience to us, and can teach us much more about managing programs and using new and hopefully open software, while giving us more customization and control over our devices rather than using a closed program and a monopolizing service managing a closed and not-so-flexible mobile OS.[/citation]

really i have yet to successfully back up a single apple product, and i think the process is retardedly complicated.

i want access to the file system so i can move folders and put them back when the os is installed, i dont want itunes sync thing that i have no idea if the damned thing even works.

if i had a mac, the process is probably easier, but i use pc, and cant access the file system and have to deal with something that i have no idea if it backed up or not.

G

Supposedly the international version is quite good, b/c then you are basically getting the SGS2 with a better screen, better battery life, and a great stylus.
I can't argue with the fact the ios is more stable than android right now. I just got my update to 4.0.4 on m nexus s and it really doesn't do a great job with VMM.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Well, hell, if it's big enough for an elephant to use...I guess my meaty paws can handle it, too. :)

Oh wait, it's not on Verizon Wireless, yet. :(

m4ximel4rouche

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
This article is not about android vs apple stuff. Learn to enjoy small things in lifes. Like this elephant lovin to play with his new toy. Stop doin ur retarded debate for a sec. Sorry for mybbad english!

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
Had iphones from the first-gen all the way to iphone 4...finally switched to android galaxy note. Best phone I've had since getting my first iphone. Apple has got a LOT of work to do before I reconsider the pro's and cons again..

rooni

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
[citation][nom]AndrewMD[/nom]Ok.. the elephant was not given a choice.. it was presented a Note.. BTW, I own one of these Notes and it will be going right back to the store it came from.. It seems Google still hasn't fixed a number of issues that are natural and included with Apple's product.[/citation]

You Sir are retarded. Why would Google fix and include issues from Apple's product? That makes no fking sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.