VIDEO: Android Activations Visualized

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

i found it interesting that the lights usually light up in the same areas (major cities as far as I can tell) and in the US, some states didn't even have a light until the droid launch

AIstudio

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2007
Now THAT is a very cool and informative way to show this kind of information, rather than just boaring old graphs!!
Nice job

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
oh my google...every new version you put out you seem to put so much more bloatware which we can't be removed legally...wtf?

darkbunny

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
What bloatware does Google put on the OS that can't be removed? And which of it exactly is illegal?

Rooting cell phones has been ruled legal so even if there was something you didn't want on your phone, it wouldn't be illegal to remove...

waffle911

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2007
So much easier to see the growth of the Android platform like this than with raw numbers. I like how South Korea basically turned into a solid block of light closer to the end. I also noticed many of the sparser areas didn't pick up much activity at all until the Galaxy was released. I wonder why the Galaxy would seem to get more attention in these areas than any Android phone?

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]darkbunny[/nom]What bloatware does Google put on the OS that can't be removed? And which of it exactly is illegal?Rooting cell phones has been ruled legal so even if there was something you didn't want on your phone, it wouldn't be illegal to remove...[/citation]
rooting voids your warranty, therefore i consider it illegal

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]NeBuN[/nom]rooting voids your warranty, therefore i consider it illegal[/citation]Then you don't know what you're missing out on. :) I am quite proud of my Droid Eris, I've been rooted and overclocked for almost a year now. If you like having a warranty, then enjoy your phone-bloat. But remember the only truly useful warranty is a Newegg one!

/sage

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS