VIDEO: AR Game Uses Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots

Status
Not open for further replies.

HibyPrime

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
The tech is still too slow to be useful, but I'm seriously intrigued to see whats going to be possible with AR in 10 years.

Hell, in 20 years everyone will be using LCD (more likely a modern form of LCD) glasses, and everything will be augmented. Point at a sign in a language you dont understand? Translated on screen.

Maybe even LCD contacts directly on your eye? That would be pretty freaking sweet.

ricardok

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
I... DO... WANT IT!...

I've seen some AR on Symbian devices too, but this one is way better (there are some slowdowns too, but hey, it's getting there).

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]hibyprime[/nom]Maybe even LCD contacts directly on your eye? That would be pretty freaking sweet.[/citation]

Yes, they're working on this. It was in a PopSci magazine, I don't have a link, sorry. Not slated for anytime soon, but... We'll see.

archange

Distinguished
May 7, 2007
Yupp, there will be no need to collect and carry out the garbage: just let it rot, while AR rendering green pastures on top of it...
That and readily-available targeted adds / propaganda / mind control for the masses. Sweet. At least we won't have to see the ugly reality anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.