Video Card upgrade for HP ProBook 4445s

nepthenep

Estimable
Apr 18, 2014
Hello

Video Card
I also need to upgrade my video card from the AMD Radeon HD 7640G to a DirectX 11 with 2 GB video ram (at least 1 GB video ram). Please add link/s on what video card/s that reach the requirements that I need.

*Updated (I have found a processor that has reached the specified requirements but I still need to find a Video Card for HP ProBook 4445s.) So please add link/s on what video card/s that are compatible and reach the specified requirements above
*Also would a external graphics card be of use?

Thank You

Solution
Answer: You need to buy a new laptop. You can NOT upgrade 'components' in a laptop because A) the parts are NOT the same ones as Desktops (i.e. you can't just grab off the shelf at BestBuy and stick it in B) the size of the case determines the limitation on what parts are buyable, C) parts are soldered in and can't be removed etc. etc. etc.

Derza10

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
In most cases it is not possible to upgrade the CPU and GPU of a laptop and even if you can it is normally not cost effective... You are better off buying a new laptop all together.

Answer: You need to buy a new laptop. You can NOT upgrade 'components' in a laptop because A) the parts are NOT the same ones as Desktops (i.e. you can't just grab off the shelf at BestBuy and stick it in B) the size of the case determines the limitation on what parts are buyable, C) parts are soldered in and can't be removed etc. etc. etc.

Solution

nepthenep

Estimable
Apr 18, 2014

Demorthus I don't have one I'll get parts as a gift from my relatives who are asking what do I want as my birthday gift because they are in another country