Video Editing Laptop

Phuong Le

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Not sure where to post this on the forum being that it's my first time on this website.

I'm looking to purchase a laptop for video editing purposes, but have a budget that I want to stick to. I don't know much about computers and believe I found a suitable laptop and also want to beef it up a bit. It is an ASUS K501UW-AB78 15.6-inch Full-HD Gaming Laptop (Intel Core i7, GTX 960M, 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD).

I want to add additional 8GB stick for RAM, along with another 500 mb SSD. So would an i7, GTX 960m, 16gb (dual) RAM and a ~1TB SSD be good for editing videos and rendering purposes? Are the components I have picked out compatible with the laptop? If not, what are compatible parts? (Or how can I find out what is compatible?) Is there anything I'm not considering?

Here's the list of things I plan on purchasing: http://a.co/3as2uqO

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Generally speaking, it should be adequate. Video editing is CPU intensive so a quad core CPU would be better than a dual core CPU. If you use a program capable of using nVidia's CUDA cores, then I suppose it should be fine.
Generally speaking, it should be adequate. Video editing is CPU intensive so a quad core CPU would be better than a dual core CPU. If you use a program capable of using nVidia's CUDA cores, then I suppose it should be fine.

Solution