VIDEO: Flash Ported to iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaxamenes

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2010
I'm getting a new iPhone and I for one am glad that there is no flash. It should keep the data plan a lot cheaper for me without any flash advertisements.

ehanger

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
The iphone is terrible... I payed $600 for the iphone 4 and within 3 days the screen was smashed.

Hopefully ill have better luck with the droid incredible.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]anaxamenes[/nom]I'm getting a new iPhone and I for one am glad that there is no flash. It should keep the data plan a lot cheaper for me without any flash advertisements.[/citation]

by that logic, my new nokia 3310 all over your iphone!

[citation][nom]ehanger[/nom]The iphone is terrible... I payed $600 for the iphone 4 and within 3 days the screen was smashed. Hopefully ill have better luck with the droid incredible.[/citation]

lol, "fords are terrible, I paid 10k for one and within 3 days it was destroyed by an asteroid, hopefully I'll have better luck with a mazda"

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]T-Mobile offers service for the iPhone already?[/citation]
Two reasons for this:
1) He jailbroke his iPhone and this is how he is using T-Mobile.
OR, the more likely reason (judging by his accent):
2) T-Mobile has been a service provider for the iPhone in Europe since the iPhone was released.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Ragnar-Kon[/nom]Two reasons for this:1) He jailbroke his iPhone and this is how he is using T-Mobile.OR, the more likely reason (judging by his accent):2) T-Mobile has been a service provider for the iPhone in Europe since the iPhone was released.[/citation]Thank you for the information. I guess that makes more sense!

zachary k

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
[citation][nom]ehanger[/nom]The iphone is terrible... I payed $600 for the iphone 4 and within 3 days the screen was smashed. Hopefully ill have better luck with the droid incredible.[/citation]
a different phone wont get rid of your butterfingers. get a non-slippery case, or one that has a strap that you tie to your wrist.
also, i got frash, it wont run everything, but it is a big first step.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007

PEBKAC?

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
ol, "fords are terrible, I paid 10k for one and within 3 days it was destroyed by an asteroid, hopefully I'll have better luck with a mazda"

LOL - Nicely Stated............

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010

Dells are terrible. I paid $800 for one, and after beating it with a sledgehammer, the motherboard cracked. Hopefully I'll have better luck with an HP.

:D

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I don't have an iPhone and I still don't want flash on my phone. Period. It is cool if you personally want flash but unless I can completely disable it and remove it I don't want it at all. I will completely refuse to buy a phone if it has flash that I can't turn off or 100% remove. It's a battery and resource hog and there is absolutely no counter-argument to that. I value battery life over anything on a mobile phone and the best thing that flash can do is completely destroy my battery life.

I've also personally seen flash on 2.2 enabled devices and was less than impressed. The game I tried to play wasn't playable and Hulu still didn't work. It just sucks for me and my uses but I can understand the sentiment that you'd like to have a choice. My choice is no flash, no way, so when my contract is up in November the lack of flash on the iPhone 4 and flash enabled on Android 2.2 will have absolutely no bearing on my phone choice.

I wish some people would understand that.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... and... now i need to find a FF adblock like app for Safari on iPhone... because... with flash you can see so much junkadd's...

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom] unless I can completely disable it and remove it I don't want it at all. I will completely refuse to buy a phone if it has flash that I can't turn off or 100% remove. [/citation]

just fyi, it is my understanding that android 2.2 allows you to turn it fully on. fully off. and 'on demand' where you simply touch the space where a flash clip would be to have it load...

I can't imagine much more choice than that...

Status
Not open for further replies.