Video Game Sequel Galore: Good, Bad or Ugly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
it's good, i think its the only way to with big and complex games which is good for the consumers and game studios.
A short sequel to games are expansion packs. Success depends on the innovation and ability of the creators, not the IP. Think of........ Final Fantasy.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
I think dead space would make an awesome survival movie...
don't quote me on that, humans have a way of messing the easiest things up...

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Somehow those screenshots presented aren't that impressive! Look at the broken floor tiles in the upper one - who can break them off that cleanly? Why aren't they using that bump mapping technique I read about the other day, where they can actually change the geometry of the stuff? Then they could make it appear less linear, and have a matching inverted piece on the remaining tiles ... and what about the second one? notice the sword to the left, and other objects, how they're cleanly seperated from the background. What happended to filtering? no blending in .... looks like some xbox screenshots or something!

Oh well. This was about sequels not image quality. Not that I really can claim there was much meat on it really. The second take video of a bit ago is more than enough to cover the subject imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.