video games lag on laptop when plugged in

junaidali

Estimable
Jun 17, 2014
when i play video games on laptop if its plugged in then games lag but when i plugged out it does not lag. my laptop is hp 15 n259se graphic card is 2gb nvidia gt740m and i7 and 8gb ram

please help me solve this i have tried everything is there another way to solve this

Solution
Hi,

Try and uninstall and reinstall the latest graphics card driver from NVIDIA support site first and see if this will fix the issue.
- Uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features as well since it should have something related to NVIDIA in there as well.
- Once uninstalled download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA support site.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Use the Auto Detect feature so they could give you the latest and accurate driver for your graphics card.
- Lastly reboot it once the latest driver has been installed.

Lastly, to uninstall and reinstall the ACPI driver in Device Manager as well that driver controls the charging and detection of your laptop...
Hi,

Try and uninstall and reinstall the latest graphics card driver from NVIDIA support site first and see if this will fix the issue.
- Uninstall the graphics card driver from Device Manager and in Programs and Features as well since it should have something related to NVIDIA in there as well.
- Once uninstalled download and install the latest driver from NVIDIA support site.
- Here's the link: nvidia.com/download/index.aspx
- Use the Auto Detect feature so they could give you the latest and accurate driver for your graphics card.
- Lastly reboot it once the latest driver has been installed.

Lastly, to uninstall and reinstall the ACPI driver in Device Manager as well that driver controls the charging and detection of your laptop battery.

Solution