VIDEO: HP Says Its Slate Plays Hulu, Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

gpace

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Sooo.....

How much?

I hope the specs are better then Apples pad, and runtime is comparable. if prices are comparable as well, then I hope HP gets it's marketing down so the better one (this one) also seems like the right one to the general consumer.

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
I want to have both the Slate and an iPad in my hands. The reason I want this is to compare the intuitiveness of the screen and layout ... but also just the overall performance of the touchscreen itself ... mainly concerning accuracy.

Apple has been doing this right for years ... so it will be interesting to see if HP or others are able to match it.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
Nice.... but how much it is going to be? Are they still targeting the $1000 market as early this year...

If they are going to fight w/ Apple at the $800 area (w/ 3G) or $400 (WiFi only)... what are they going to take out from the slate to save the cost?

Give me the spec and the price then I will know if this Slate is as disappointed as the iPad...

No matter how good the ad is... I want something real!

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
Very nice, HP. Need price though.
I also like the name better.

Apple, stop acting like a God and naming everything with an "i". iPod, iPad... iGOD?

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]seriousazn[/nom]i see...if hp makes something it's the hp slate, but when an asian company makes a tablet it's a knockoff >_>[/citation]

With Azn companies it's usually Chinese companies that we all are pretty sure have stolen it. Seriously, it doesn't take a brain to see how blatantly China infringes worldwide copyright.
If it's Japan, Taiwan (is not a part of China), Korea, then it's not even usually mentioned that it comes from one of those countries. Like, Hitachi, ASUS and Samsung respectively. All azn countries, and in my view, the latter two make some of the best hardware on the market (exception for ASUS; motherboards).
I wouldn't scream bias against asia, in fact, you'll find many people bum asia like it's the new popular kid in town... if you're not including China.

biometricsguy

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
[citation][nom]nun[/nom]ipad killer?[/citation]

I think the ipad is doing a pretty good job of killing itself. Even the general public seems to understand that this is just an oversized ipod.

seriousazn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Clintonio[/nom]With Azn companies it's usually Chinese companies that we all are pretty sure have stolen it. Seriously, it doesn't take a brain to see how blatantly China infringes worldwide copyright. If it's Japan, Taiwan (is not a part of China), Korea, then it's not even usually mentioned that it comes from one of those countries. Like, Hitachi, ASUS and Samsung respectively. All azn countries, and in my view, the latter two make some of the best hardware on the market (exception for ASUS; motherboards). I wouldn't scream bias against asia, in fact, you'll find many people bum asia like it's the new popular kid in town... if you're not including China.[/citation]
True that...but it's also doesn't take a brain to see how blatantly Kevin hates on China

G

I have surfed a lot of sites stating HP Slate is better than Ipad. Now I am not an Apple fan but for an (Arm Chair Device)which a slate is only good for I personally want it to be simple. Now we all know Windows is far from that. Being thAt this device runs full Windows 7 that means you get all the the great things that come with that. Let see if I can name some....Trojans...viruses...malware....spyware....bloated cache...should I go on? This is a subject I have not heard anyone talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.