VIDEO: Jon Stewart Slams Apple over Gizmodo

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
SLAMS? Are you sure you don't mean DECK, DEMOLISHED, PULVERIZED, or something like that? SLAMMED? Are you sure? I think you need to use a more "exciting" word like "ZAPPOWSERED" to draw more readers.

G

John Stewart isn't half as funny as he thinks he is, and being one of those horrible individuals with a gay agenda, I'm a big fan of "Funny" regardless of it's political origin. I don't watch his show unless I fall asleep during South Park and wake up to the morning re-run (eeeeks), and nobody I know will admit to watching his show. I'm sure a few of friends might be bluffing, but we all share a deep hatred for bigots and homophobes, and WE all know why he didn't get Letterman's job so many years ago. I'm amazed the politically correct Harper Valley PTA segment of our electorate doesn't run him out of dodge....I suspect as long as he "covers up" his prejudice and provides service as a useful idiot they'll keep him around to point his hypocrite fingers at their enemies. So who cares what he thinks about anything ?

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Now Jon Stewart sounds like an idiot because the kid that found it has admitted that he made NO efforts to return the device to the owner. All the laughing about how Apple ignored the phone calls from the kid looks stupid now because those phone calls never took place. It's considered theft if you find a device and make no attempt to return it to the owner. That is what this kid did. As such it is illegal to sell the device to Gizmodo and illegal for Gizmodo to buy the device.

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
And it has been further reported in Computerworld that:

"Brian Lam, Gizmodo’s editorial director, has acknowledged that the prototype had been stolen, not simply lost. “Just so you know, we didn’t know this was stolen when we bought it,” Lam said in a blog post that described Apple’s request for the iPhone’s return. Gizmodo later said it had returned the iPhone to Apple."

Facts are tricky things, eh, Blessedman?

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
As for all you Apple naysayers rooting for unethical bloggers, well, all I can say is you've been well and truly Gizomd!

Status
Not open for further replies.