VIDEO: Jon Stewart Slams Apple over Gizmodo

Status
Not open for further replies.

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
"...holding up the iPad to his ear and saying that he likes to tell the kids he's shrinking."

His intellect certainly is.

No one knows all the facts behind this story, and it's plain dumb to draw conclusions from such a poorly reported and lavishly opinionated incident.

reddragon72

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
See Apply is controlling what you have on your phone and now whats in your home. This has to open up peoples eyes to just how bad Apple has become!! Seriously.... what's next for them, an app that is automatically installed on your Iphone to detect if it is jailbroken??? And if it is then they break down your door to retrieve it!! It wont be long!

reklatsa

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2008
[citation][nom]Blessedman[/nom]No one knows all the facts? are you kidding me? Steve, is that you?[/citation]

Okay, smarty-pants... What are The Facts?

Does anyone here know?

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
I was considering some Apple products but now, unless Jobs gives that guy a public apology for causing this raid, I'm avoiding any and all Apple products like the plague.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Apple = police state

Sounds like they went full circle from "Think different" to omnipotent power hungry hungry monster like micro$oft wouldn't stop at nothing. What next they buy and refit some old tanks for urban use?

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
"...And my bigger iphone!" (holds up iPad to his hear) - then does the shrinking joke.

Apple sucks the big one for the raid.
1 - was contacted by the Finder about the phone, Apple said "ah heck off"
2 - Guy sells phone since the owner (apple) refused to claim it, therefore no-longer "stolen".
3 - Gizmodo gives phone back ASAP when Apple asks for it.
4 - Days later, raid the guys house... for what? The phone? His underwear size? There was NO point for an illegal raid.

Somebody come up with a POINT for the RAID and steal a guys computer?
The Police should have thought about it as well "what are we breaking into this guys house for again? Hey, didn't the guy publicly go on TV saying he had your phone and gave it back?"

Sure perhaps Apple may think the Gizmodo might have taken photos of the inside of the phone... being public already, the cats out of the bag.

- Apple got free publicity for the iPhone 4G... like as if its really a SURPRISE?!
- Apple now look like complete Appholes for demanding a police raid.

- Gizmodo now has more free advertising because of Apple. I never heard of them until recently because of this iphone.

- Apple & the police are looking at law-suits.

filmman03

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Reklatsa[/nom]Okay, smarty-pants... What are The Facts?Does anyone here know?[/citation]

Well your previous statement:

[citation][nom]Reklatsa[/nom]Okay"...holding up the iPad to his ear and saying that he likes to tell the kids he's shrinking."

His intellect certainly is.

No one knows all the facts behind this story, and it's plain dumb to draw conclusions from such a poorly reported and lavishly opinionated incident.[/citation]

Gives the illusion that you know THE FACTS by discrediting someone who has a comedy talkshow.

If you don't know the facts either, why comment and say Jon Stewart doesn't have the facts? And your comeback remake is asking a THW reader where the facts are?

Wow.

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
[citation][nom]jojesa[/nom]AppholesWhere can I get a t-shirt with the Appholes as a logoLOL[/citation]

Give it a couple weeks or you could try making an iron transfer in the mean time. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.