VIDEO: Minamo, the Water-based Touch Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhelme

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2008
I could see where this could come into play in a different way. Not a full tank... currently we see the resistive and capacitive type of touch screens, if we make very thin films and put a very thin layer of water between them, and with the right design, it could make for one of the best feeling, most responsive touch screens on the market. I'm not sure if that is where he is going, but it could lower the cost of the electronics of the touch screen and give better results... Its first use would have to be in 23 inch monitors where they could use a type of web camera to view where the disturbance took place... now it wouldn't have to be far back, using math, you could make it very thin, like the side LED lighting system and work from there.

Thats just my guess on how this crazy idea could lead to an actual usable technology.. but who knows....

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]tradeshoes04[/nom]
quoted advertisement
[/citation]

Please put the wallets and sunglasses in the boots, wrap them up in the clothing items, and insert them diagonally into your rectum. Then, please consume fecal matter and desist your life process.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]jkcajkca[/nom]THAT'S SO COOL!!!!!! can i add gold fishes in it???[/citation]

The only thing is, depending on how they are picked up, you might have to fight the fishies for the cursor. :)

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]nekatreven[/nom]The only thing is, depending on how they are picked up, you might have to fight the fishies for the cursor.[/citation]
I can see it now, fish made digital art! Open drawing program add fish and sell!

insider3

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
[citation][nom]delazaren[/nom]Just for those who don't get it: this was not meant to be a desktop monitor replacement! G.O.D.!!![/citation]

Ahhh.....The video had me fooled..

G

And when you're thirsty from carrying that fishtank on top of your latest netbook, you can take a sip!
Very handy concept!

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
The water is a cool effect, though maybe someone else came to this conclusion, too...
The water tank isn't needed. It's the camera that's doing all the work. HELLO?!

Status
Not open for further replies.