VIDEO: Samsung is Still Making Fun of Apple in Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
funny, but the text-to-speech ad was kinda stupid. I know Siri is a server based app, but it doesnt change that it has a very similar function.

Also making ads about apps on your phone is stupid too, since whether you like it or not theres likely a similar app in the apple store. They should make apps about the hardware superiorities in the galaxy phones. better glass, better interface, better freeness, better battery, better camera, better graphics, etc(whichever may be true, just listing options).

I liked alot more the ads about the tablet apple tried to stop. Those were better. Still funny though seeing how Samsung depicts clueless apple fanboys.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
[citation][nom]brandoncatz[/nom]Samsung = Insecure much???They should be focusing on outclassing the competition and informing consumers about the high quality of their products and not why they think iPhone users are douche bags. These are phones, not the presidential primaries/elections.[/citation]

Remember the "I'm a PC and I'm a Mac" ads? They get into people's mind, that's why Samsung is doing them. Don't be so serious about it :p

I'm just waiting for Apples comeback to laugh some more.

Cheers!

cloakster

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2007
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]funny, but the text-to-speech ad was kinda stupid. I know Siri is a server based app, but it doesnt change that it has a very similar function. Also making ads about apps on your phone is stupid too, since whether you like it or not theres likely a similar app in the apple store. They should make apps about the hardware superiorities in the galaxy phones. better glass, better interface, better freeness, better battery, better camera, better graphics, etc(whichever may be true, just listing options). I liked alot more the ads about the tablet apple tried to stop. Those were better. Still funny though seeing how Samsung depicts clueless apple fanboys.[/citation]

I do mostly agree, but there is a ridiculous amount of iPhone users who think Siri is revolutionary for allowing to text by talking into the phone, which already existed for a long time on Android.

TheCapulet

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom] Also making ads about apps on your phone is stupid too, since whether you like it or not theres likely a similar app in the apple store.[/citation]
That's the idea. They're showing that while apple users have to go through a third party and pay to get it, that their phone has it as a built in feature.

[citation][nom]brandoncatz[/nom]Samsung = Insecure much???They should be focusing on outclassing the competition and informing consumers about the high quality of their products and not why they think iPhone users are douche bags. These are phones, not the presidential primaries/elections.[/citation]
They aren't highlighting apple users douchebaggery (They don't need any help. lol) They're higlighting how apple users are caged behind the restrictions of apple products, such as third party apps, low battery life, and low generation to generation innovation.

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]funny, but the text-to-speech ad was kinda stupid. I know Siri is a server based app, but it doesnt change that it has a very similar function.[/citation]

In android it's built in the keyboard so you can use it everywhere, while siri is just for texting people (and web search) AFAIK...

That guy wanted to use twitter, can siri help you tweet ?

dietcreamsoda

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
Wow, that commercial made me want to buy a relatively obscure tablet instead of an iPad. I'm willing to look past the lagginess, poor battery life, and poor quality apps in exchange for being able to do really useful things like have moving wallpaper.

ltdementhial

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
[citation][nom]darkchazz[/nom]lmfao notice what that guy is wearing and how he's holding into that fence like a prisoner, haha nicely done sammy More:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4STej_rWlohttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tmEegvUpGA[/citation]

Lol on the first Video at the final the chick grabs the phone like...noo you're holding it wrong i looled xD

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
[citation][nom]JohnnyLucky[/nom]The comments are just as funny as the ad!!![/citation]

looks like this news is being watched mostly by apple fanboys lol

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
[citation][nom]bustapr[/nom]funny, but the text-to-speech ad was kinda stupid. I know Siri is a server based app, but it doesnt change that it has a very similar function. Also making ads about apps on your phone is stupid too, since whether you like it or not theres likely a similar app in the apple store. They should make apps about the hardware superiorities in the galaxy phones. better glass, better interface, better freeness, better battery, better camera, better graphics, etc(whichever may be true, just listing options). I liked alot more the ads about the tablet apple tried to stop. Those were better. Still funny though seeing how Samsung depicts clueless apple fanboys.[/citation]

So, do you feel Apple making a whole marketing campaign for he iphone 4s based around the features of an app , Siri was stupid as well?

G

For some reason, I am thinking of Bill Cosby. "When you're the #2 smartphone, the #3, or the #29, who are you going to compare yourself to when you want convince people you are in the big leagues?" Anyone remember those Coke commercials?

I don't care that my phone 'looks' like last years model. First of all, I use it for what it does, not for what it looks like. Second, I upgrade at 2 year intervals anyway (normally). In fact, other than making it thinner, they could just keep reusing this design, and it would not bother me one bit. I guess Samsung wants the vain users. Must be why the ad doesn't appeal to me. :)

Finally, once you are invested into a platform with applications (iOS, Android, Windows, OSX, Linux- it doesn't matter), switching becomes more trouble and often more money than it is worth.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009

yea, the best way to get people to look at you is to but heads with apple, because most people though the iphone 4 and the were 4g, those kind of people need to have a slap in the face like these comertials to actually get it.

[citation][nom]Yuka[/nom]Remember the "I'm a PC and I'm a Mac" ads? They get into people's mind, that's why Samsung is doing them. Don't be so serious about it I'm just waiting for Apples comeback to laugh some more.Cheers![/citation]

i remember the who would you higher for a job parody of that comertial, that made me lol more than the comertials themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.