Video Splitter Question

Shmister

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
I'm unsure of which section to ask this in so i'll try here. I'm trying to setup my room a little different and i have 2 monitors for my PC. If i were to get an HDTV for movies is there a way to connect that to the PC as well and just switch the output over when i'm watching a movie and such. Only problem is, is that i have 2 monitors already so not sure if that would work. Any input would be appreciated :) Thanks

Solution
The adapter acts the same as the extra video card so you essentially have 3 monitors. There would be no loss of resolution as you can set that with the driver for the device. The one in the link is not the only one of this type.
I would think that with any modern graphics card (that has three monitor outputs), you should be able to set up saved profiles/configurations that would allow you to change which monitors are active/inactive by just a keystroke. I have not tried this myself so, unfortunately, I cannot confirm this.

-Wolf sends

Shmister

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Using the above item, would that give me any type of resolution loss or anything like that? I want the simplest way to and that seems pretty easy. Do i just plug the tv into the adapter and it will switch over when i need it to from the dual monitor setup?