VIDEO: The First Grand Theft Auto V Trailer

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
[citation][nom]tdenton1138[/nom]As a PC gamer going back to Zork and Odyssey: The Compleat Apventure, I have had a long love TRS80 model 1/Apple II, II+, IIe/Amiga 1000, 3000/PC486+ gaming. I'm now up to a q9450 oc'd to 3.6 with an AMD6870. ~~ I just have a harder and harder time sitting at my desk for hours than I do laying on the couch.[/citation]
I still have my Odyssey2 (powers up, unfortunately 30+ cartridges were damaged in a flood, only 2 survived), Vectrex... my C=128 (Kills any other 8bit computer other than IIgs). I still have my working Amiga 1000 and 3000. After that - its been replaceable/upgradeable PC-Windows. :)

With more and more titles I want to play going to consoles *AND* 1080p is now the standard for computer displays... I might as well just get a bloody PS3 and be done with most PC gaming. But *I* prefer the mouse and keyboard for better FPS control that I don't see or feel with console controllers - and I don't see the skill of auto-targeting of most console fps, I get it - the joypads are not good for such fine movements.

Yes folks... my first console (Odyssey 2) had far WORSE graphics than a Windows/Mac desktop icon! Something like 80x80 pixel graphics with 8 colors!

Status
Not open for further replies.