video upscaling, predictive processing, frame rate doubling

mnw48

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015
got an annoying problem, new PC in sig cant do what the title says, yet a £100 craptop can

it is a toshiba satellite u400-217
intel HD4600 graphics
4GB ram
has vista business 64bit
latest VLC media player
latest divx player
xvid 1.3.2
blue ray software cyberlink power dvd 10 (came with drive)
the new pc also has these
and just installed this same version on my new pc thinking 'this must be it'

and no its not...
display resolution 1920x1080 60Hz same on both
other differences...

new pc connected to display via dual link DVI-D, iiyama prolite BG2488HSU
craptop connected to different display via HDMI, 6 year old sharp 32inch full HD 1080p tv

anyone got any ideas? :D

p.s. i hope my sig is being displayed

Need more details about what it can't do and using what. Those things you listed are all very generic functions, not specific errors or issues you are having.

What are you working with, using what programs, how are you editing, what are you editing and what exactly is happening when you try.

mnw48

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015
video playback, film video files, dvd, bluray
ive since discovered its the display device that the craptop is plugged into that is doing the conversion/upscaling, all to do with how TV/video is displayed, it still doesnt make sense to me, but i plugged the craptop into my gaming monitor via and there was no nice smooth 50 or 60hz video, atleast this means when i replace the craptop with a better media pc, using that same Sharp lcd TV films will be smooth, smoother as video will not have a random stutter as will be higher spec media pc than the craptop currently is

With using different screens you can't really compare quality of the image. But yes a TV that is designed for movies/video will often work better at that than even a good computer monitor. I thought you were trying to create videos and scale the resolution in them.