VIDEO: Zune HD Hacked, Runs DooM

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
The fact that the guy who made it spent most of his time running into walls tells me that this was better as an idea than a final product.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
I had a Zune HD. I liked it but when I started to get 100+ songs on it, changing tracks became slow. Also, the screen seemed a little on the small side for me, personally. I liked the $15 a month for almost unlimited song downloads though! (Some songs had to be purchased) Anyway, I might have kept it if the screen was a little bigger, had more memory and battery life and a better web browser. Also, more applications that take advantage of the hardware capabilities would have been nice too. With that being said, I now own a 32Gig iPod Touch.

G

Hello guys, I made the video not the game. Controls are much easier than you would think but filming made it kind of hard. Also, version 1.1.1 is out and much better.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
yay, now I will be able to easily port apps to winMo (assuming they do the same thing) something that would have not been the case officially, being forced to use xna.

thedreadfather

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
@daglesj: Imagine that in 16 years, devices like these will run Crysis and we'll all say, "Wow, I remember when that game was taxing for a $700 card!"

This is extremely exciting (for me at least). I've been waiting for new apps, and this delivers. Hopefully we'll see a ton more games developed (I'd do it if I could).

@thehatersalad 1.1.1 already? It has gone from 1.0 to 1.1 to 1.1.1 in one day...

Oh and by the way, thanks Kevin for reporting this. I was worried that with all the hacked iPad/iPhone/iEtc articles that this would be forgotten. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.