Videos dark on first run, after second play, they are normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidzorch

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
Hello. When I am browsing webpages like 9gag or facebook and there is a gif, wich is mp4 video, most of the time the first play is dark, once it loops once, the video will look great. I disabled 3d acceleration in chrome and it fixed the problem, but youtube videos would look horrible even in HD. So I turned it back on. Any other solution? I have a amd A8-4500m on a samsung laptop, all display drivers are updated and running correctly with everything else.

Solution
I found a solution. I had already tried installing the codec pack, but there was no difference. I went into chromes setting here: chrome://flags/#disable-accelerated-video-decode, and disabled it, enabling acceleration. Now everything looks great. And videos seem to be running clear. This option is different from the one I found in chromes settings disabling 3d acceleration.

Human Being

Estimable
Jun 28, 2015
Apparently try to update your browser.And make sure it is using HTML5 as video playback standard.It shouldn't be Adobe flashplayer because some users are still sticking around with old standard that is adobe's flash player.

Cheers! :)

That makes absolutely no sense at all. Flashplayer has nothing whatsoever to do with any video playback except flash videos. It is not relevant to mp4 playback. And HTML5 is not a video playback "standard". It's a browser platform standard. That's three threads so far you've posted in that were full of fail. I'd suggest you gain a bit more experience and educate yourself a bit more before making any further recommendations.

What is your windows version liquidzorch?

Human Being

Estimable
Jun 28, 2015

I just shared my experience because I've encountered this isse myself and that's why after updating my browser (myself) the issue was resolved that's why I posted.And ofcourse if something is wrong in the posts by me you guyz (Moderators) can fix it.

liquidzorch

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
I am on windows 8.1. Chrome browser is updated. I am getting tired of this, now in other web pages I get the fist 5 - 10 seconds of the video in black. I think even once or twice on youtube, but a lot more in facebook. I have AMD catalyst control center installed, but I do not know what to move in its settings, everything is in stock settings. I can confirm that this happens on both chrome and internet explorer. The first picture is the first loop on 9gag video, the second is on its second loop (second play).

0kRTUMK.png
ZIJMiBr.png

liquidzorch

Honorable
Aug 13, 2013
I found a solution. I had already tried installing the codec pack, but there was no difference. I went into chromes setting here: chrome://flags/#disable-accelerated-video-decode, and disabled it, enabling acceleration. Now everything looks great. And videos seem to be running clear. This option is different from the one I found in chromes settings disabling 3d acceleration.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.