ViewSonic 7-inch Tablet Will Ship with Froyo

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeeu

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Meh.. Internet auctions are full of under 100 USD Chinese Android laptops and tablets. (Without GSM and gps..) When you've got a smartphone it's just a gadget not worth carrying around. (sorry forgot I can't use the less then character. working on an edit.)

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
Is it just me or are all theses companies clinging to Apple's coat-tails with "____pad" nomenclature of tablet products.

If you're struggling with a name for your product ViewSonic, hand a few out as prizes here on Tom's and we'll generate catchy names for you.

Don't get the impression you're the only company doing this, there are plenty of others out there too.

colinl

Distinguished
May 18, 2010
If all these Android tablets are actually solid and available by the 2010 holiday season and HP doesn't have their WebOS tablet ready... bad news for them.

jomofro39

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
I agree with the pathetic nature of the names for these tablets. Everyone is jumping on the pad. I still do not see why Android OS didn't stick with the sci-fi naming scheme and call 2.2 "Froyo Baggins".

wildfox

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
These tablets need some bigger screen resolutions. What's the point of having a 5" (hello dell streak) or 7" device with the same amount of pixels than a 4" or 3.7" phone...? you'll have to scroll around the same amount..

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Full size SIM?
You mean one of those credit card sized ones? :D

Too big for a pocket, too small to replace a netbook. Both this ans the iPad have awkward sizes that turn me away form them.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Looks interesting. I hope these devices will live up to expectations, since I told my friend to hold off on the iPad for these competitors.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
[citation][nom]wildfox[/nom]These tablets need some bigger screen resolutions. What's the point of having a 5" (hello dell streak) or 7" device with the same amount of pixels than a 4" or 3.7" phone...? you'll have to scroll around the same amount..[/citation]

depends, its not an issue for me as i have nearly perfect vision however my dad i know was intrested in the streak with the 5 inch screen due to having a harder time focusing on such small txt on the sreen while yes he could zoom in on some stuff in home mode it doesnt help much .. not he did not end up going with the dell due it being in at&t so waiting for a larger devide on a different carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.