ViewSonic ViewPad 7x Landing Stateside in October

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
As the juggernaut that is Microsoft slowly gets ready to push out Windows 8, no one is really going to invest hugely, so to see another "samey" Android tablet is not surprising.

That said it looks nice, but all I am hoping is that this drives the price down for the whole market.

jblack

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
This won't sell at $380. For $20 more I'll get the Asus Transformer. It has a bigger/higher resolution screen and double the flash memory.

slabbo

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2009
even if this was $300, it would still be a tough buy. people want cheaper especially for only a 7" screen. 7" 16GB should be going for $250 at the most. If you can't do that, don't even bother releasing a tablet.

jimslaid2

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Honeycomb tablets will be fringe or die out once windows 8 tablets become widely available in the market (after windows 8 RTM). Nice try Google, MS will beat you on this one.

thangcuoi

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
If you are thinking about getting this tablet, you should expect to not get any update beyond the version it came with. Viewsonic treat their tablet like their monitor. You get what you pay for, when you pay for it. Nothing more.

Have a look at the gTablet user community campaign on Facebook for more info.

https://www.facebook.com/gTabletOwners

G

Why in hell would you pay $399 for a 7" Honeycomb tablet when you can pay a similar amount for a 10" Asus EE Pad? This stupid ass companies are sabatoging themselves. It should be at the most $250 dollars. They could sell these like crazy if they priced it right. I'm starting to notice a trend here. Whenever a tablet hass honeycomb on it they price it out of the stratosphere ($375+) but when it comes with the Android Froyo or Gingerbread they fall into the $250 give or take 40 bucks catagory. Get a friggin grip Electronic companies. Like I said before...everyone wants to eat at the Apple table but they don't have the proper silverware/plates to do so. Dayum.....

Status
Not open for further replies.