Virgin Reveals World's First Commercial Spaceship

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryInJapan

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
Hmmm so this is what we do when our state is in debt...Make a billion dollar commercial space craft...Hey maybe it will bring in lots of tourism to repay the cost of ship then help fill california's debt..or wait...huh?

logitic

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2009
I don't know...

Something tells me I don't want to be on the first ride into space on that huge monster. The concept is awesome, the reality of things that can go wrong is just to scary! I would be like "Bones" from the new Star Trek movie.

h0llow

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
I'd hate to be one of the very first passengers to be on that flight. I wouldn't trust it for a second until it has made 1-2 years of flight. Don't feel like getting blown up here.

Platypus

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]El_Capitan[/nom]300 people = hot demand?[/citation]It does when each person is paying $200,000. Granted the startup costs are extreme, but this aircraft (hopefully) is designed to last many years and I can imagine the demand would only increase as time goes on, IF they don't scare everyone off by then with a minor catastrophe.

pangedit

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
[citation][nom]CoryInJapan[/nom]Hmmm so this is what we do when our state is in debt...Make a billion dollar commercial space craft...Hey maybe it will bring in lots of tourism to repay the cost of ship then help fill california's debt..or wait...huh?[/citation]

This is not California's plane. Its Virgin ATlantic's.

SamanuelMC

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2008
[citation][nom]sunflier[/nom]But will it make the jump to hyperspace and the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs?[/citation]

Great kid! Don't get penis-y!

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]logitic[/nom]I don't know...Something tells me I don't want to be on the first ride into space on that huge monster. The concept is awesome, the reality of things that can go wrong is just to scary! I would be like "Bones" from the new Star Trek movie.[/citation]
what do you mean "new" star trek movie ... the character bones has always had a technology phobia , all teh old moviesa dn the series

counselmancl

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
Colonel Sandurz: Prepare ship for light speed.
Dark Helmet: No, no, no, light speed is too slow.
Colonel Sandurz: Light speed, too slow?
Dark Helmet: Yes, we're gonna have to go right to ludicrous speed.

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
now im not an expert in aerodynamics or indeed rocket science, but i reckon it definitely needs more engines, c'mon - four cant be enough.....

pangedit

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
[citation][nom]will_chellam[/nom]now im not an expert in aerodynamics or indeed rocket science, but i reckon it definitely needs more engines, c'mon - four cant be enough.....[/citation]

If I remember correctly this is the mothership.

It will carry a rocket powered plance under it. This thing will fly super high, release the rocket plane which is the one that will go to space.

The Schnoz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
[citation][nom]sunflier[/nom]But will it make the jump to hyperspace and the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs?[/citation]
but can it go to ludicrous speed?!

Status
Not open for further replies.