Virtual reality headset

amitsharma227

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
I am using and 580x with Amd.Ryzon 1600x ,1000 corsair power supply and 8gb ddr4 ram and 1tb hard disk as well 250 ssd. I want to buy virtual reality headset and i saw many headset available but HTC Vive is best among all but the cost is too high in india approx 1125$ and my relative lives in Canada n they informed me the price of HTC Vive is 625$ there .Therefore i am planning to purchase this product from canada as price is good there.My question will it work in India because both country use different power voltage .Please clear my confusion because if it will not work i will loose my 625 $ .

Solution
The headset itself plugs into the PC, where the grid AC voltage is already converted to the right DC voltages by the power supply. So that part will work fine anywhere in the world.

The base stations and link box for the Vive plug directly into power outlets though, so that's another matter. You will at least need adapters for the plug to fit at all. Most 12V AC adapters work globally, but I don't know for sure about the Vive.

Alternatively you could get another headset. The Oculus Rift is generally a better option than the HTC Vive, and the Samsung Odyssey is also good. Both of those only plug into the PC itself.

Sakkura

Distinguished
The headset itself plugs into the PC, where the grid AC voltage is already converted to the right DC voltages by the power supply. So that part will work fine anywhere in the world.

The base stations and link box for the Vive plug directly into power outlets though, so that's another matter. You will at least need adapters for the plug to fit at all. Most 12V AC adapters work globally, but I don't know for sure about the Vive.

Alternatively you could get another headset. The Oculus Rift is generally a better option than the HTC Vive, and the Samsung Odyssey is also good. Both of those only plug into the PC itself.

Solution