Virus not detected

Feb 21, 2018
I have a lenovo y700 and lately it has been infected with viruses. At first it was an .exe i oppened which deleted itself from the folder, then a white rectangle appeared on the left up corner whic was an unnamed app running but couldn t be found in the task manager. I was playing a game and my pc crashed but a little before it happened a blacj square appeared on the rightside at the edge of the screen. I tried using Kasperski Recovery Disc but it said it was all secure no viruses no nothing. Then I rebooted the pc and the white rectangle is gone but now when I open google chrome it opens in the background another 13 google chromes which can be closed only from task manager. How can I fix all this?
Thanks.

Solution
Start with the following link from within this Forum:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Do be aware that sometimes Event Viewer will report "no data found" but it is still out gathering log entries.

Allow it a couple of minutes to finish just to be sure.

Also be aware that you can doubleclick any given log entry for more details.

Take your time and learn your way around. Gain an understanding of how the logs are organized and how the data is presented. No rush.

Then you will most likely be able to select the logs most applicable to or likely to provide you with meaningful data relevant to the problem(s) at hand.

Lutfij

Splendid
Try these:
Malwarebytes
AVG internet security
Shortcut virus remover(it should be freeware)

and see if that rids you of your virus issues.

FYI, if you practice healthy/safe website browsing then you shouldn't be having any stowaways.

Feb 21, 2018

I tried using Malwarebytes but it goes into updating itself and then crashes. I bought Bitdefender and now I am waiting for it to finish a system scan but I am sure it won't find anything, just like Kasperky did.

May simply be some corrupted file(s).

Run Event Viewer and look for error codes and warnings that may be being logged.

Go online and research the errors codes and messages. Only look for information but do not immediately do anything. Especially do not download some "repair program".

(Watch out for programs/applications that claim they will fix the problem. Most of those programs will show up no matter what the error or problem is.)

Key is to find and read as much information as you can. Look for some consistency in identifying the problem and then, some consistency in applying possible solutions.

Post what you find.

Feb 21, 2018

How do I run event viewer?

Start with the following link from within this Forum:

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Do be aware that sometimes Event Viewer will report "no data found" but it is still out gathering log entries.

Allow it a couple of minutes to finish just to be sure.

Also be aware that you can doubleclick any given log entry for more details.

Take your time and learn your way around. Gain an understanding of how the logs are organized and how the data is presented. No rush.

Then you will most likely be able to select the logs most applicable to or likely to provide you with meaningful data relevant to the problem(s) at hand.

Solution